spellcasting suggestion

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

spellcasting suggestion

Postby screeg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

When I choose a spell to cast, the screen centers on the caster, but what I'm looking at before I pick a spell is the target. When the game centers the screen I have to search out the target again. --edit: this applies to choosing "Shoot" as well--

Another suggestion: after picking a spell, when you hover over your target with the icon, target details no longer appear. If I want to cast a direct damage spell against the weakest of six different orcs, for example, it would be useful if those details still came up on screen. Same idea for healing party members.
---EDIT---

...and isn't there any way to change party formation after starting the game? Turns out the last position, where I put my weakest character, is flanking the leader, instead of in the back middle.
-----
screeg
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

spellcasting suggestion

Advert

Re: spellcasting suggestion

Postby xalles » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:05 pm

You can change party order/formation in the game by left-clicking "(LEADER)" in white, just under XP/size on the front guy's character sheet. I did the same thing at first, ended up switching 3rd and 4th guys right away.
What's with people who answer their own questions? I guess they're just stupid.
xalles
Fire Giant (CR 10)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

When I choose a spell to cast, the screen centers on the caster, but what I'm looking at before I pick a spell is the target. When the game centers the screen I have to search out the target again. --edit: this applies to choosing "Shoot" as well--
I will change that. Never really noticed it because I use "C" to cast spell (which doesn't scroll back to the caster) and the right click to get the shoot option, which also doesn't scroll.

Another suggestion: after picking a spell, when you hover over your target with the icon, target details no longer appear. If I want to cast a direct damage spell against the weakest of six different orcs, for example, it would be useful if those details still came up on screen. Same idea for healing party members.
Yes this is also good. Proposed by Xalles a bit earlier. % to hit for ranged touch spells also a nice idea.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby screeg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:... % to hit for ranged touch spells also a nice idea.

Wow! I would kill for that. I basically avoid ranged touch spells because they're so unreliable.
-----
screeg
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG