more...

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: more...

Postby Greymark » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:23 am

Pod wrote:FYI: After about level 5, I found the random encotuners quite annoying. I'd always just flee from them, because it wasn't worth mytime. But when you get 20 or so crossing from one side of the map to another, they ge on my nerves :S Why is a 20 man party of level 3 thugs challenging my 4, lvl20 heros? One fireballs and poof.

I have to agree. I have waited to comment on this while I completed more of the game. Here are my thoughts (for what that's worth):

1. As the game progresses it becomes completely annoying to have the amount of encounters that currently exist in the game just to move across the map. It is particularly of limited value given the degree of difficulty is limited in most cases. Even if they should scale the sheer volume seems disproportionate.
2. Making this a game option is probably the best solution as it allows those who find it annoying to basically turn them off.
3. I do like the option of the unavoidable random encounter. I personally would like to see the frequency to be much less but the impact far greater. A much more difficult, scalable encounter and it would be cool if the drop list was unique so that certain type of special item was only available during these encounters. Would make traveling to a home base exciting, especially if your a bit beat up, but also exhilarating if you survive and are rewarded with something special.

A note since I have seen TOEE mentioned here. I always thought it was cool that one of the quests in that game was solved by finding an item in a random encounter. Could be that you have a quest line that starts towards the beginning of the game which is tied to completing a random encounter, hence, avoiding them at your own peril.
Greymark
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 pm

2. Making this a game option is probably the best solution as it allows those who find it annoying to basically turn them off.
3. I do like the option of the unavoidable random encounter.
There will be options for that in the next version, which will be available tomorrow or the day after I guess.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG