Development Update

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Development Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi there, so apparently it's true that the last 10% of making a game take as long as the first 90%.

Here's the state of things:

Sound and music tracks: 100% completed by the musician, and they're great.
Upgrade of map graphics: 100% completed
Creature portraits: not yet done, might hire another artist for that.
Upgrade of interface graphics, item and spell icons: not yet done
Splash screens, world map graphic: not yet done
Gameplay video and new screenshots: I'm planning to do that soon.
Playtesting: I will need a few D&D or cRPG experts to do a serious playtest once the graphics are done.

That's all for now. Please stay tuned for new screenshots/videos.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Development Update

Advert

Knights of the Chalice gameplay video

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi, here is the new gameplay video. It starts slow with some character creation screens then alternates between battle and exploration scenes.

In other news, Marcel Kralik from Slovakia was hired to draw the game's portraits and possibly some other graphics too.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Development Update

Postby getter77 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:22 am

I quite liked what I saw of that gameplay vid---things seem to be shaping up nicely!
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Over » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi, BlueSalamander!

Do you still think the game will be finished in 2008? :)
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi there, no it will probably take a bit longer but I'll try to get it as close to finished as possible.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Over » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:06 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hi there, no it will probably take a bit longer but I'll try to get it as close to finished as possible.

I wish you luck, but no hurries. Take you time.

BTW, will you follow the shareware model, where you release a demo that, after purchased, will be unlocked to full game?

Another question: I know the game is compatible with Windows XP (and I assume Vista as well), does it mean the game is really a native windows software, or som kind of emulated DOS game?

Finally: in case the game will not be ready soon, would it be possible to release a combat demo demo, for example? Or would it be too time consuming?

:)
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:14 pm

No the demo will be separate from the main game. You can't create characters with the demo, you get a pre-made party and a small adventuring area. I will release it when the remaining graphics are completed.

And yes it's native windows - not DOS. You don't need Dosbox.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:37 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hi there, no it will probably take a bit longer but I'll try to get it as close to finished as possible.

I also bid you fair fortune and to take all the time necessary to ensure that the game comes out of the gate strong and adept at what it is trying to accomplish, thus boosting the appeal to other gaming enthusiasts to play and purchase the title and develop a vibrant and varied community for the project.

One person I know mentioned that he'd been waiting for years for a game like this to come about once again to a degree that catches his eye such as this does.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks for the wishes, Over and getter77! :-) Hopefully the game won't disappoint.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:11 am

;) Also, you've now been featured on the main page of www.philosophicalgamer.com

I suspect you'd get along swimmingly with the maintainer of said website.

I've also probably watched the trailer something like 6 times now and find myself pondering as to just how good the game's soundtrack will wind up when all is said and done considering the samples in the trailer---some seemingly quite nice indeed.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG