Development Update

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Development Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Happy new year, thanks for the posts. Another update:

- added ironman mode
- slightly reduced the stats of the first dragon to be encountered (it's still really tough though)
- tweaked another key encounter with a wizard
- added a new dialogue in case the player tries to go after the giants before tackling the slavers... the storyline isn't flexible enough for that!
- fixed a bug where the AI should attack diagonally but doesn't
- fixed a bug where the AI would cast confusion even if every target was confused.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby getter77 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Happy new year, thanks for the posts. Another update:
- added ironman mode

: Does a happy dance yet wonders why the Matlock theme music came to mind at seeing this part in this latest update..:

Other bits sound good, especially about making sure you stick to the framework of the narrative you guys have cooked up. AI fixes sound great as the AI can make or break a game like this in terms of how they handle themselves in combat.

Progress seems to be on a roll, even if smaller bits at that. Keep up the good work as you've surely got our attentions. Another indie'ish RPG is also coming along now that seems to have the makings of a very different game than Knights of the Chalice, but attempting to meet and surpass the classics as well. http://www.dungeontreasure.com

2009 seems like it'll be a most interesting year in terms of progress in gaming. 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:21 pm

The AI is pretty good now, and unpredictable (especially the spellcasters). I've been fixing bugs all along as soon as I spotted them.

Interesting link, Dungeon Treasure. Looks like Bard's Tale in a more colourful, graphic-intensive format. Apparently it's real time and single-character - not my favourite design choices, obviously.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 am

Unpredictable wizards---SO awesome. Countless other games that just isn't anywhere near the case at all.

Well, Dungeon Treasure at least seems to have grown, for now, to be single player instead of multiplayer...so who knows where it'll end up next. IF they can avoid the Oblivion et al pitfalls....
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Over » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:31 am

The last updates makes me think you're bug hunting and polishing, which would mean that the game is near release (or beta). Is that the case? ;)
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 pm

There's still quite a lot of graphic stuff to finish, to make the game nicer and to avoid copyright entanglements. I've just received from the artist some new interface frames to put in the game; next, he will draw new weapon and armour icons. Meanwhile, I'll continue playing through the game to fix things as I encounter them.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Sounds like solid plan to me! 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby getter77 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:32 am

Here's a question: Which of the following are more likely chains of events to come in the, hopefully, nearish future?

1. Updated trailer(s), followed by the demo/teaser
2. Demo then trailer
3. Both simultaneously.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:57 pm

The demo first, as currently I don't have any plans for another video.

We're still working on the interface graphics and spell icons. The gameplay and background graphics will remain the same.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Over » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:57 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:The demo first, as currently I don't have any plans for another video.

We're still working on the interface graphics and spell icons. The gameplay and background graphics will remain the same.

When you have a guess about a release date/month, let us know ;)
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG