Questions and comments

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Questions and comments

Postby Incantatar » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Bought this game yesterday and have a few questions and comments.

1. Is there a way to resurrect a dead cleric? (only cleric in group) edit: Ok, found a thread about it. There are cleric npcs later in the game.
2. If not, is there at least more XP gain for the remaining party?
3. The first thing i would change is the inability to pass through allied space in combat. It makes no sense, it's against pnp and it leads to annoying situations where in a one-tile corridor suddenly your mage is in the front.
4. Arcane summons would be great

I like the game btw. AI is nice and combat is fun. Graphics are bad though and the roleplay part is pretty light. But nonetheless cool game. If this is really a more or less one man effort, amazing work! The descriptions of rooms etc feel like i play with a DM. I appreciate that. :)
Incantatar
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Questions and comments

Advert

Re: Questions and comments

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Hello Incantatar,
1. Is there a way to resurrect a dead cleric? (only cleric in group) edit: Ok, found a thread about it. There are cleric npcs later in the game.
That's correct. NPC clerics.
2. If not, is there at least more XP gain for the remaining party?
Yes, the surviving characters get more XP from combat.
3. The first thing i would change is the inability to pass through allied space in combat. It makes no sense, it's against pnp and it leads to annoying situations where in a one-tile corridor suddenly your mage is in the front.
Yeah I agree. Something to keep in mind.
4. Arcane summons would be great
Mmm what did you want to ask?
I like the game btw. AI is nice and combat is fun. Graphics are bad though and the roleplay part is pretty light. But nonetheless cool game. If this is really a more or less one man effort, amazing work! The descriptions of rooms etc feel like i play with a DM. I appreciate that. :)
Thank you! It is a one-man effort, apart from the graphics, music and sound.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Incantatar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:56 am

Is it intended that enemies don't have a summoning limit? I fought a group of tiri-krees (sp?). The cleric summoned 4 elementals, all alive at the same time. I think it should be either allowed or disallowed for both AI and player. The fight was practically unwinnable for my level.
Incantatar
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes, it's intended. I reckon one summoning per spell caster at any time would probably be the best way for both AI and player.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG