New to KotC + Teeny bug

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

New to KotC + Teeny bug

Postby Happylisk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:12 am

First off, love the game. I'm a diehard cRPG, been playing them since about 1989. Love the SSI games (EOB, Ravenloft, but especially Dark Sun), and this game is very very impressive.

Also, I am so far not finding crafting too overpowered - I've crafted some weapons for my dual wielder dex fighter since that's obviously key for damage output, but I've barely relied on craft wondrous items or scribing scrolls thus far. But, I do agree that crafting lessens the thrill of loot, which is a huge portion of the fun of these games (especially a linear game with, accordingly, limited replay value - though I guess there's always Ironman mode).

Anyhow, teeny bug: In the cave in the SW, if you talk to the Thri-Keen by the river before the you talk to their chief, you can ask the Thri-Keen about their problems with the Dwarves, even though you of course would not know about this problem until talking to the King.

Dark Sun II had a bunch of these dialogue problems - in fact, you could talk to the head of the Mines about the mindflayer infestation immediately, which really spoiled what would have been a wonderful reveal.
Happylisk
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

New to KotC + Teeny bug

Advert

Re: New to KotC + Teeny bug

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 pm

if you talk to the Thri-Keen by the river before the you talk to their chief, you can ask the Thri-Keen about their problems with the Dwarves
You're right, you're supposed to talk to the tribe chief first :-)
you could talk to the head of the Mines about the mindflayer infestation immediately
Yeah. You could also poison the mindflayer food, that was nice!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG