Has anyone done a walkthrough?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby arisethephoenix » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:49 pm

I've been playing this game on and off for a few years now - it's definitely one of my favorites, so keep up the good work!

But one thing I occasionally lean on, especially since I restart many times, is a walkthrough. Even a basic one that describes just the path of play (which areas to go to next based on experience levels) and notes the special points of interest. Has anyone done this for KotC? I don't see anything on GameFAQs, which is where I tend to find this and I did a quick search here and didn't turn up anything?

Like right now I just finished the Orc Stockade and while I was "trapped" down there it would have been nice to know if there was a campfire coming up or not and whether I had to be picky about what loot to pick up since I don't know whether or not there is a shopkeep NPC soon? I know those answers now, and while I didn't lose a lot of loot I think I would have done things differently. Please don't troll me about being a "cheat" - I just don't have a lot of time to play games like I did when I was younger, so I try to "see" as much of a game as I can in the short amount of time I have. I also have a tendency to lose steam while playing, usually due to only being able to play in spurts between being busy IRL...so the extra "cheats" help those of us, like me, get through the game a little more quickly.

Appreciate the help and look forward to the Kickstarter for KotC II

AriseThePhoenix
arisethephoenix
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Re: Has anyone done a walkthrough?

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 am

Hello AriseThePhoenix, thank you for your post. Do not worry, my friend, it's fine to play with a walkthrough and no-one is going to troll you.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any walkthrough for KotC 1. Feel free to ask here if you want to know where to go next, or if you need any other advice. Cheers!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Has anyone done a walkthrough?

Postby arisethephoenix » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks for your help!

I've made it past several areas now and I'm wrapping up the Ice Giants area... I'm pretty sure this is the farthest I've progressed in the game, so looking forward to finishing it and then waiting <patiently> for KotC II :)
arisethephoenix
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG