Just bought it, very nice. Linux version someday?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Just bought it, very nice. Linux version someday?

Postby murlock » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Another vote for Linux version, otherwise I've a little request, how can I force 640x480 resolution in windowed mode (or fullscreen mode) from command line because I try with my netbook ( since it's only 1024x600 and it crash with wine when I try to switch to fullscreen ).

I've only tested the demo

Thanks
murlock
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:19 am

Sorry - there are no command line instructions.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Paul.Illes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:05 pm

murlock wrote:Another vote for Linux version, otherwise I've a little request, how can I force 640x480 resolution in windowed mode (or fullscreen mode) from command line because I try with my netbook ( since it's only 1024x600 and it crash with wine when I try to switch to fullscreen ).

I've only tested the demo

Thanks

I experience the same.

BlueSalamander, can you tell use where are these settings stored? If in the Registry, can you point out which one is the key / value for Windowed mode?
Paul.Illes
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Pod » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:57 pm

It's definately not in the registry. I don't have an install on this computer to check, but I think settings stored in the save file?
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby screeg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm

I wouldn't port to Linux before Mac. Do you know how starved for games and sad Mac fans are? I wouldn't be surprised if (presuming you did the PR work, announcing it on Mac game sites, etc.) you doubled your sales making it available to Mac audiences.
-----
screeg
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby smallfry » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:00 pm

Has anyone got it to work in wine yet? I'm using wine on a[n intel] mac but it fails to run. Gives me a unhandled exception/page fault error.
smallfry
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:48 pm

It's in the small config file. The config file is created only after the first time you launch the game, though.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby ErrrorWayz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:02 am

a) Not sure I mentioned this but Linux *&@%#! sucks, have Vista and Windows 7, both excellent. : )

b) if you really want to make money sell it as mobile game, say three quid, good value, not too system intensive, on your phone, only 6 mb, no brainer. How does one go about that then?

(BlueSalamander edit: *&@%#! :D )
ErrrorWayz
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Paul.Illes » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:51 pm

a, I don't remember your mentioning, but now it's crystal clear!!!!!1 I think I'll stop using Linux right now, I was just waiting for someone to give me a really sophisticated argument against it. Thank you!!!1 :lol: Seriosly I think I would just ignore you if I weren't such a kind-hearted one like I am and you weren't trolling so nicely. ;)
b, Good idea.

I still think it's worthy to think about a Linux version. A unified OpenGL or SDL (pure 2d) solution for the engine could prove useful for Mac and Linux at the same time and probably for mobiles too.
Paul.Illes
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby fullerena » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:30 pm

ErrrorWayz wrote:b) if you really want to make money sell it as mobile game, say three quid, good value, not too system intensive, on your phone, only 6 mb, no brainer. How does one go about that then?

It's a little bit bigger than that, actually. My copy comes to almost thirty megs without saves, and my four saves take up eighty.

The tiny download size is really handy, especially with the level of support and patching, but it's not representative of the actual installed size of the game.
fullerena
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG