Version 1.32 (28 March 2013):
* Fixed a bug with footstep sounds that appeared in version 1.31.
Version 1.31 (21 Dec 2012):
* Fixed a bug that allowed enemy clerics to cast healing spells while silenced.
* Augment Summoning will be available at level up if you have Greater Spell Focus Conjuration.
* At level up, the game will not offer Spell Focus for a school if you already have Greater Spell Focus.
* In the help files, corrected three broken links.
* Fixed spelling error in Power Word Sickness spell entry.
* Fixed a problem with the application icon not being displayed in the right resolution.
* Fixed a problem with footstep sounds when walking on grass.
* Fixed a problem with interface sounds played repeatedly in a short time.
- Fixed a problem with the music tempo when switching from one MIDI music to another.
- Fixed a glitch with the percentage displayed when mousing over certain combat actions.
- Fixed the problems with the Thri-Kreen's priest dialogue.
- Fixed various typos in the dialogues and journal.
- The game will autosave in the mountain pass before entering the lower level.
- The game will autosave in the dungeons of the Slaver Lords before the point of no return.
- Fixed an instance where the AI cast dispel instead of casting a damaging spell on a caster it interrupted with Ready vs Spell.
- Fixed a script executing two times if you are led to the Slaver Lords by the Taneliz commander and you defeat the Slaver Lords and the commander together. (Beating them together can be very difficult even with max HP and max ability scores.)
- Fixed an instance where clicking to attack a helpless enemy did not trigger a coup de grace (because the character was in a surprise round or because he was slowed).
- Turn Undead will indicate the probability of success.
- More spells will indicate the expected damage (Vampiric Ray, Vampiric Blast, Discharge, Ray of Frost, Acid Ray, Scorching Ray, False Life, Polar Ray, Searing Light).
- More spells will indicate the probability that the creature will fail its saving throw (including Poison, Slay Living, Poison Gas, Disintegrate, Greater Disintegrate, Ghoul Touch, Bestow Curse, Flesh to Stone, Bane, Crushing Despair). When two percentages appear, the one on the creature is the chance for it to fail its saving throw and the one on the cursor is the chance for the player character to succeed on the touch attack.
- Fixed a problem with losing the remaining attacks if your character is in the middle of a full attack and you go to his character sheet then click inventory.
- The AI won't cast Vampiric Blast unless at least two targets will be affected.
- Fixed a crash that occured in 1.28 when setting the music volume to 0 and then back to some positive value.
- Fixed an instance of a floating light after opening a secret passage in the Fire Giant fortress.
- Fixed a problem with the Slow breath weapon of an iron golem.
- The Ray of Frost spell could not be maximised, empowered or heightened, now it can.
- Fixed the tooltip showing incorrect information when grappling.
- A character with negative levels will not be able to level up until he removes the level drain.
- Fixed a journal entry about the giants' teleport scroll, that could sometimes incorrectly remain as an active quest.
- The probability of a Slaying Arrow effect killing its target and Sleep Arrow effect putting its target to sleep will be indicated.
- Concealment from Darkness will disappear immediately when Dispel is cast on a Darkness area.
- Freedom of Movement will not prevent a character from receiving Haste or the bonus from a Speed weapon.
- With Harm and Heal the game will correctly display 150 (and not 200) as the number of points expected.
Version 1.28 is a big update with several bug fixes and improvements:
1) Since Armor (or Armour) as a 'protective layer' is an uncountable noun in English, removed plural mentions from the game.
2) The Sleep effect from Sleep arrows is now a Mind-affecting effect and thus does not work when a character is protected from these. The AI will also avoid shooting sleep arrows at characters who are immune to Mind effects.
3) Earth Elementals are now immune to petrification, considering they're already made of stone.
4) Removed the 'Stunning' descriptors from the spells Discharge and Sound Burst so that they can be used on Iron Golems (the spells won't stun them but they will deal damage).
5) Added a mention of the intelligence requirement 8 for the feat Forge Weapons and Armour in the help entries.
6) The throne-room screen will now appear correctly once you've rescued the Princess. There was a single missing line of code there. :S
7) The Commander will not charge during the battle at the gate, and his weapon will deal 2d8 points of damage rather than 1d10.
8) The game will autosave if you exit to windows while playing an Ironman game (provided you're not in the middle of a fight).
9) If you're not playing an Ironman game, the game will autosave before entering the forbidden tomb in the South West cave, the point of no return in the Orc Stockade, the rift of the Frost Giants and the Undead Tower in the wilderness. The game will also autosave in the demo before entering the ossuary.
10) The Dwarf King Septor now has racial Damage Reduction 5/adamantine and Fire resistance 5.
11) There won't be a mention of the dwarves in the Thri-Kreen cleric's dialogue unless the PCs have already talked to the Thri-Kreen leader. Secondly, the party leader will be able to drink from the Thri-Kreen pool once. Drinking will heal the character and give him a morale bonus of +2 until the party rests. Thirdly, the PCs will be able to buy healing from the Thri-Kreen cleric at any time (he also has a few wands).
12) The spell Iron Body will give a Strength bonus of +8, slam damage of 1d10 and a Dexterity penalty of 6.
13) Fixed a rare bug with the inventory.
14) Casting Lesser Restoration or Restoration on someone who was paralysed due to a Strength or Dexterity score of zero will remove the paralysis.
15) In the help entry for clerics, added 'Please note: For your party to be effective, it is very important to have at least one cleric'.
16) A dominated player character will go unconscious and not die if his HP falls between 0 and -9. This will make it easier for the party to deal with a single dominated character who continues to fight.
17) Added support for the numeric-pad Enter key for all edits (character names, weapon names, descriptions).
18) The journal entries concerning the Lieutenant in the Orc Stockade will not remain in the journal as active quests.
19) It won't be possible to bypass the barrier at the Hill Giant fortress by attacking the sleeping giants in the hall.
20) The AI will not cast Maximised Shout (Shout shouldn't be maximised) and it won't cast Shout unless more than one target will be affected.
21) Added a Dwarf cleric in the Tower of the Knights. He appears in the hall once the battle against the orcs is over. He can heal, resurrect, remove petrification, ability damage and negative levels. He also sells some items.
22) You can now cast Mass Cure spells (or Mass Heal) on undead creatures in order to damage them. Mass Inflict spells and Mass Harm can also be cast to cure allied undead creatures, as well as hurting enemies. Fixed a bug in the AI that resulted in casters not using spells like Mass Inflict or Mass Heal as often as they should.
23) Fixed a couple of glitches in the combat-log text.
24) The probability of success of grapple attempts will be displayed, and Weapon Finesse will now apply to the melee touch attempt required to start a grapple.
25) The probability of success of bull rush attempts will be displayed. The probability of success of grapple attacks, pin attempts and break free attempts will also be displayed when mousing over the corresponding option in the actions menu.
26) Fixed a bug when sounds are played during dialogues.
27) Fixed a game freeze that occurred when an AOO was triggered from a cursed character.
28) The spellcaster AI may use Ice Shield when it must cross a Wall of Fire.
29) Casting the spell Light on a Darkness area will immediately remove the effect 'concealed by darkness'.
30) The reward for defeating the orc raid at the Knights' Keep will not be 300 experience points but 100 experience points multiplied by the number of surviving allied knights.
Installing the new version will not damage your saved games but some of the fixes (for example the dwarf cleric in the Keep) will only appear if you start a new game.
Version 1.27 fixes a number of bugs. This won't affect your saved games. As usual, you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game.
Here is the new version 1.24 as promised. This won't affect your saved games.
- When targeting damage spells, like Fireball, the expected damage for each target will be displayed. The expected damage assumes that the target does not resist (no spell resistance) and that it fails its saving throw. For example a fireball cast at level 7 deals 7d6 points and the expected (average) value is 24. Cast on a Frost giant, it's 36. The game will display "Immune" or "Reverse" if the creature is immune to that spell or is healed rather than damaged by the spell.
- When targeting non-damage spells with a saving throw, like Confusion, the chance of affecting each target (by overcoming spell resistance and having the target fail its saving throw) will be displayed. However, spells requiring a ranged touch or melee touch will still display the chance to succeed on the touch attack.
- The bludgeoning damage part of Ice Storm will work on Frost Giants and other creatures immune to cold.
- Improved the special effect for Lightning Bolt.
- AI will be more careful not to wake up sleeping characters, and it will try to coup de grace them more often.
- Improved the AI for Bless, Bane and Prayer: clerics will move to a position where they can affect a lot of targets, rather than just cast as soon as they start their round.
- Added a small die symbol before d20 results in the rolls-history window (in the line giving attack bonus + attack roll).
- Changed the range of Scorching Ray from close to medium.
- Checked Vampiric Ray and it does drain only as many HP as the target has (although the animation displays the raw number of points of damage).
- It will be possible to reload a crossbow simply by clicking on a target. Provided your character can take a standard action after reloading, you will be able to reload then attack just by clicking two times.
- All key items will be marked as quest items (and won't disappear when resting), even those that aren't essential to winning.
- Control+S to save and Control+L to load will no longer work in Ironman mode.
- Swapping an item with yourself will say "no target selected" and will not destroy the item any longer.
- I had to convert the graphics code to work with a more recent DirectX Development Kit (it was a pain), so there may be remaining graphical glitches, please let me know if you spot any.
New version 1.23:
- In the full game, fixed a bug in Taneliz's casino script.
- In the demo, fixed a dialogue-repetition bug that occurred if you talked to the spider after defeating the bandits and not before.
- Changing the name of a character will automatically update names in the character’s description.
1.22: Some minor changes.
- Turn undead will not appear in the list of cleric actions when no undead creatures are involved in the fight.
- A grapple will be automatically broken when it involved a dominated character, and the domination effect expired.
- The options to attack, bullrush and grapple will appear when a character is adjacent to a confused ally, not just when adjacent to enemies.
- Cancelling turn undead will display “cancelling action”, not “cancelling spell”.
Here is the latest version. As usual, you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games. PS - if you're having download problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
, don't use the forum.
- Added Turn Undead (to use it with your saved games, have the party rest first)
- Added new spell animations for Bless, Bane and Freezing Sphere.
- Fixed a AI problem with the Cure and Inflict spell-like abilities, and other problems with the spell Invisibility Purge and the Invisibility condition.
- Fixed a few remaining display issues with the new graphic mode.
- Fixed “webbed” condition (and other conditions) not disappearing after a character is killed or knocked out.
- Putting on a spider cloak will remove the webbed and entangled conditions immediately.
- Added a message in the spell casting screen reminding about Scribe Scroll, once all your high-level spell slots are exhausted.
- Corrected Harm and Heal so that they don’t do more than 150 points of damage or healing, or 75 points when saved against.
- Wearing a spider cloak will allow to charge into a web. Creatures with fire immunity will also be able to charge into a wall of fire, and creatures who can see through darkness will be able to charge through darkness areas.
- Dead or petrified spell casters in the party will not be able to learn scrolls, use scrolls or wands, or craft scrolls and magic items.
- Effects from Iron body will disappear at the end of combat.
- Multiple ranged attacks conducted in melee range will trigger multiple AOOs.
• Checked Still spell with a 2-handed weapon and while grappled, didn’t see anything wrong there.
• Tried the battle with the salamander Pharixx but didn’t see any problem with his spell count (Archangel, do you have any extra details on how it happened? Was he muted/grappled/silenced/interrupted by a counterspell or ready versus spell action?).
Here’s the new version. Got a bit delayed by playing a cleric/mage in Baldur’s Gate 2 – it’s impressive the amount of content this game has.
As usual, you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Attacks will be recorded as “Attack Bonus + D20 Result = Attack Roll” in the rolls history window
2) Added a new high resolution text font for the help entries, load screen and rolls history window.
3) Added new options regarding random encounters, skipping after left-clicking the enemy, and critical hits.
4) Corrected a spelling mistake “tresspassing”
5) Fixed the inventory display bug and the other minor display issues associated with the new 960x720(b) mode.
6) Fixed bug when talking to the bear right after resting.
I’d like to:
- add a simplified Turn Undead for clerics.
- add a new spell animation for Bless.
1) Pin will expire at the start of the grappler’s round, not at the start of the pinned creature’s round.
2) Added a new graphic mode (960x720 with the world and characters printed in small size). It’s a good mode, giving a more strategic view. To use it, select 960x720 (b)
in the window’s menu bar.
3) Changes to the AI: enemies will sometimes take a five-foot step during a surprise round, changed cleric priorities so that they are more likely to cast mass cure & mass heal spells, clerics won’t delay or ready versus approach when they could be casting a spell, enemy clerics will avoid friendly undead when targeting mass cure & mass heal spells (I did the changes using the ultra-ending battle as reference).
4) The game won’t allow removing a worn health amulet if the HP loss would render the character unconscious.
5) Fixed problem with break free from a web when wielding a flaming weapon in the off hand, and fixed another issue that occurred when the use of break free would trigger an AOO.
6) Trolls who delay their turn will not regenerate two times.
7) Added a level-up sound that plays after a character has reached the next level.
8) Added a music that plays when the party is around a campfire. Sound & music graciously provided by Nino Rajacic (http://www.ninorajacic.co.nr
-Regarding iron golems getting temporary HPs from Fireballs and other fire spells, that’s normal behaviour for the game.
-Casting mass heal/mass cure on friendly undead does damage them, so nothing wrong there.
-Checked the jewels in Taneliz. They are all single-item only, so nothing wrong there.
-Didn't see any problem with deactivating x2 walk speed.
-high resolution text font for the small text used in the help entries.
-perhaps a new spell animation for the bless spell.
Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Corrected the text about the dragon’s key.
2) Disallowed dismiss elemental if the elemental is dominated/controlled.
3) Pressing E will pop up the initiative list window if the combat window was closed.
4) When swapping items from a character to another, the game will try to stack similar items on top of each other before displaying “backpack full”.
5) The inventory screen will also display the character’s class and level.
6) It will be possible to target confused allies and confused party members, since they can be dangerous to the rest of the party.
7) Few changes to surrounding AI, cleric AI, and bull rush AI (AI will bullrush into darkness squares too).
8) Fixed a rare bug which was due the fact that the game was loading characters before the weapons and not the reverse.
9) Removed a source of slowdown when attacking with the rolls-history window open.
10) Added an option to display the text in low-resolution, as requested by some.
11) The game will allow shooting and spellcasting towards enemies inside the fog of war (provided you’re not out of range and the line of sight is unbroken).
12) The journal entry obtained from Markus in Corinth will be marked as completed when you receive it, if you have already been to the orc fort by that time.
13) Slight changes to the sprite for wall of fire and silence.
14) Fixed an infrequent bug when casting wall of fire and you’ve been interrupted by an archer.
15) Fixed an infrequent bug which created freezes.
16) Corrected the damage-penalty information text for silver weapons.
17) When meeting the Slaver Lords in the company of Taneliz’s Commander and Lieutenant, the Lieutenant will not sound the alarm (they already know you’re there).
18) Corrected a dialogue with the Jail Master in Taneliz that could be exploited for XP.
19) You will get two Scorching Rays from level 7 and three from level 11.
1) Negative levels will decrease all saving throws, as they should.
2) Moved Load/Save descriptions a bit to the left in the load/save screen.
3) Fixed a broken link “Weakness” in the description for Polymorph Fire giant/Frost giant.
4) Hyperlinks in spell descriptions will not be printed with all-capitals anymore.
5) A cleric will be able to dismiss the elemental he summoned as a move equivalent action.
Things I may do in later updates:
- redraw the small font in higher resolution
- add another windowed mode 960x720, with smaller sprites and a larger area viewable.
1) Scribe Scroll will be the first feat suggested by the game for a cleric.
2) When selecting a feat at level up, the list will be displayed in alphabetical order.
3) The feats and abilities screen will display in alphabetical order (If there are other places where this would be useful, let me know).
4) When trading with a friendly cleric, there will be an option to purchase healing/restoration/resurrection services. Just click on the red cross near your character’s name. This will be helpful for Ironman games and games without a cleric. Note: for resurrection, the cleric will use Raise Dead so you may lose some experience points.
5) Cancelling a character’s spellcasting will not scroll back to the acting character.
Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) fixed a glitch with spell effect animations
2) fixed missing “one-half” icon in the game options screen, representing one half of maximum HP
3) Added Shift+A and Shift+S shortcuts to attack or shoot with player control returned after each attack.
4) The expanded tooltip will correctly show whether you’re going to flank the target creature (v1.14 has an error).
Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Any damage from Finger of Death, Mind Blast, Slay Living and Greater Disintegrate will awaken a sleeping creature, if it doesn’t kill it outright.
2) Fixed a minor bug where an enemy awakening a sleeping ally could still take a double move action.
3) Added a shortcut to sell items when trading: press “S” while mousing over an item and it will be sold.
4) Added mentions of the U and S shortcuts in the readme.txt and in-game help.
5) corrected acient => ancient in character description.
6) fixed a bug mentioned by Xalles with spells that have repeating effects, like magic missile.
7) Spellcasters will be a bit more unpredictable with their use of the Dispel spell.
8) Slightly increased big red’s use of the breath attack.
9) Creatures will avoid insanely long paths to reach the party.
10) The AI will try to surround the player characters and avoid situations where one creature blocks others.
1) Fixed a minor bug in the inventory with item stacks.
2) Fixed the issue with gnolls in the Hill Giant Castle’s underground.
3) Fixed some more upper case/lower case display problems.
4) Fixed characters walking underneath junk in the Undead Tower.
5) Fixed the bug with picking gold stack when party is out of range.
6) The game will properly target enemies even if they’re standing on the same square as a non-combatant.
7) The game will not allow to add Flaming on top of a Flaming Burst weapon, Frost on top of Icy Burst, Shock on top of Shock Burst.
8) The game will allow casting Freedom of Movement on PCs at any time in combat.
9) The game will allow scrolling slightly beyond the map’s edges.
10) Teleport spell will not work in the orc stockade unless the gate has been reopened. Once this is done, random monsters may appear in the upper level.
11) Added an expanded tooltip presenting the main factors in chance to hit.
12) The player characters will not be able to take a five foot step in areas of tall grass.
13) Quoris will cast a few pre-determined spells at the beginning of the ultra-ending battle.
To do next:
- the AI improvements
- a shortcut for selling
- fixing any remaining bugs or random freeze.
1) “I” will close the Inventory and “M” will close the local map. Added mentions of this in the help.
2) Chance to hit will not be displayed when targeting cure spells on a party member.
3) In the demo, when mousing over an item’s icon, the tooltip will display “Push Space”.
4) Dragging items will not hide the names of the party members in the top-right corner.
5) The game’s window will be centered after switching from full screen.
6) The name of composite bows will be displayed in yellow.
7) fixed a slow down in the journal’s pending quests screen.
8) Added an option for half of full hit points at level up. Added mention of this in the help.
9) The game will save the out-of-combat cursor state (talk or look).
10) The critical range displayed in the weapon description screen will take account of the Keen enchantment.
11) reloading a heavy crossbow, coup de grace and break free will be allowed when a character’s round is restricted to a standard action (i.e. when slowed). You won’t be allowed to cast full-round spells or take other full round actions, though.
12) Description edits will be lost when switching to another screen and you didn’t press Enter.
13) Changed icon of +1 Armor in demo
13) Touch attack help entry will display the list of spells requiring touch attacks.
14) Editing the name and description of characters and weapons will allow the use of lower case characters.
15) Tried to make the text a bit more coherent in terms of upper/lower case and to have more stuff printed in lower case.
To do next:
- AI improvements (dispel behaviour, surrounding behaviour, avoiding long paths)
- improved tool tip showing things like flanking, cover, etc (with an option to turn it On or Off)
1) fixed an issue with clicking on the help entries for weapons from the main menu.
2) fixed a problem in Taneliz when a golem appears at the gate.
3) fixed the problem in 1.10 with multiple attacks.
Version 1.10: Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Added the new text font.
2) Attempting to pick up items that are not in range from the party will prompt the party to move towards them (and pick once they are in range).
3) When targeting a touch attack spell or ranged touch attack spell, the chance to hit will be displayed.
4) When mousing over an enemy who can be reached with a five foot step, and you have more than one attack available, the game will not suggest a charge but a five foot step + full attack. (Sometimes charge is possible even against enemies five foot away, but it’s not as good as taking a full attack).
5) fixed a display-position problem with the character information box.
6) fixed the mix-up with greater acid protection and greater shock protection.
7) fixed the minor bug with the hill giant king.
8) When cleaving or great-cleaving, the game will say “cleaving” instead of “attack #/#” at the top.
9) fixed problems with “attack #/#” display by rewriting the code that calculate the number of attacks and displays it.
10) Auto end of turn will end turn after a successful grapple attempt and after conducting grapple attacks.
11) Auto end of turn will take account of the fact that you can’t take a five foot step in darkness, when blinded and hampered in any way.
12) The game’s window will be positioned in the screen’s center.
13) Using the ALT key, you can more easily review items found on the floor after a fight. (I tried several systems with the ALT key and I like this one best).
14) In the feats and abilities screen, martial and armor proficiencies will be grouped together if you have all of them.
15) Selecting the “shoot” option will not scroll back to the acting character.
16) When targeting a spell, details of the targeted creature will appear in the bottom-right corner.
Things I want to add next: Some more interface and AI improvements
Version 1.09: This will not affect your saved games. Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Fixed two problems in the final battle scripts.
2) Fixed an incorrect value when upgrading a shield from fortification (medium) to fortification (strong).
3) Fixed broken link to Spell Resistance help entry in the divine spell of Spell Resistance.
4) Link in Cloak of Spell Resistance will link to Spell Resistance help entry rather than the spell of the same name.
5) Right clicking “Forge Weapon” in the Crafting Selection screen will lead to the help entry for Forge Weapon feat.
6) You will be able to wake up a sleeping dominated creature.
Note to Demiath: By clicking your level in the character sheet, then clicking “Level Drain” in the modifier screen for Level, it will bring you to a screen explaining the origin of the effect (in your case, the weapon). You can then click the weapon’s name to be taken to the weapon screen.
1.08: This will not affect your saved games. Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Mousing over one of the crafting actions while your character’s inventory is full will display a tooltip “No more inventory space”.
2) Fixed magic missile problem in 1.07. It was due to a conflict with the recently-added “automatic end of turn” function. The game considered that the turn was done after the first missile (that’s why the problem occurred only after moving).
3) Fixed the problem with missing attacks. Again, it was due to a conflict with the “automatic end of turn” function. I think the function is fine now, but if you experience further bugs, let me know and turn the function off until I fix them.
4) Added Remove Curse to the list of spells that can be cast without being adjacent to the target outside combat.
5) The game will not offer Weapon Finesse if you already have that feat.
6) In the demo, given the Light spell to the cleric.
7) Fixed the crash when stepping into stairway with the arrow keys in the mountain pass (Thanks Pod. By the way you gave me the wrong save for the city guard bug, but I think the bug has been fixed already – please check your save again with the new version?).
8) Clicking on an out of range target while casting a magic missile that has more than 1 missile will not cancel the magic missile.
The last version is 1.07. Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.
1) Corrected the automatic end of turn function.
2) When casting a mass cure spell outside combat, the party members will be redeployed so that everyone can be targeted by the spell.
3) Casting Lesser Restoration, Remove Blindness, Restoration, and Remove Negative Levels outside combat won’t require to be adjacent to the recipient.
4) Market price now displayed in the item list before picking up items.
5) Items made in an exotic material are colour coded (green for Mithral, red for Adamantine, teal for Silver, grey for Cold Iron).
6) Non-magic Masterwork items will be displayed with a “+”: “+Longsword”.
7) Wands enchanted with a spell will display the number of charges in the icon’s corner.
8) Craft Weapon won’t allow to set enchantments on a weapon that already has the same type of enchantment in a stronger form (for example putting SR 13 on a SR 15 weapon).
9) Pushing “U” while mousing over a scroll or wand will trigger the Use action.
10) Save bonuses in the character sheet show the total bonus (base save + ability modifier).
11) Switched the cursor from pointing towards bottom left to top left. Also switched the target point from bottom left to top left when targeting a spell.
12) Updated the help entry for Full Attack to clearly explain the difference between a full attack launched by just clicking an enemy, and a full attack launched by selecting the attack action in the combat menu (this option gives back control to the player after each attack).
13) Movement by holding down the mouse button will not get stuck into walls.
14) The party’s movement will not be interrupted by the mouse pointer passing over a creature or item stack (as long as the player is not moving the mouse).
15) The game will not allow wearing a cloak of faith on top of adamantine armour (can’t combine damage reductions). By the way, you have awesome characters on your save #5, Xalles.
16) Slight change in the position where the item box appears, perhaps more convenient.
17) Fixed the bug with bows obtained from a random encounter turning into a club. It was because I forgot to transfer the ranged items from the random-encounter item list to the player’s item list. Note: if you have a saved game with such items, just drag them to the destroy button.
18) Fixed the graphic bug with enchant wand. I forgot that you can enchant only with divine spells of up to level 4.
19) Added the missing end-of-fight check after a spell like Control Person or Dominate Person wears off, and corrected an issue where the computer was controlling a player character on the round where the domination effect wears off.
20) Reworked the way the AI casts cure and inflict spells as I noticed Draxx the vampire was using a Harm spell to heal himself for a few points rather than attempt to hurt the player for dozens of points. He will not make the same mistake again.
21) Shifted the green and yellow arrows in the expected path a bit to the top and left so that they’re not hidden by walls.
22) Fixed the villager who was hiding under a table.
23) Fixed the broken links in the scrolls of Acid Burst and Greater Disintegration.
24) For new users, the game will start in windowed mode 960x720 instead of full screen stretched.
I couldn’t reproduce the freeze in the house of jewels.
Things I want to do next: the new text font and the auto-move to pick up out-of-range items.
1.06: This will not hurt your saved games.
Note: in order to take a five foot step after a full round attack (and not have the computer automatically switch to the next character), don’t use left click on target to attack. Instead choose the Attack option in the menu (or use a keyboard shortcut). Left clicking an enemy is usually considered by the game to be a quicker option and it is assumed that the character will finish his round after the action.
1) Fixed a rules compliance issue: a character should be able to take an equivalent move action (that is to say an action other than moving which takes as much time as moving up to the character’s speed), such as Use the inventory, after taking a five foot step (free action) and making a single attack (standard action).
2) Added an option for automatic end of turn, as requested. If this option is on, the game will check after each action performed whether there’s anything more you could do and if not, it will automatically end the character’s turn. Examples: after moving and then attacking; moving and then using the inventory; performing a five foot step then some attacks and finding yourself without anymore enemies around you.
3) Fixed a problem with casting from a scroll outside combat: the scroll was destroyed even when the spellcaster cancelled his spell.
4) Improved the design of the scribe scroll and craft wand screens.
5) Escape will bring up the menu screen even when the computer is playing.
6) Added a button linking to the main help index in the title screen.
7) Cure spells cast outside combat on a player character will not require the caster to be adjacent to the recipient.
8) Fixed the issue when swapping characters: this issue was responsible for the bugs with Luminara targeting Kline as well as the double swapping issue. It was a small bit missing in the swapping code.
9) Added Luminara and Elinor to the list of random female names. Cool names. PS: I enjoyed reading the personalised descriptions of Elinor’s swords.
10) Fixed broken link in the Ghoul Touch spell description.
11) Fixed the spelling of peeble to pebble in Magic Stone spell description.
12) Damage dice now printed as “1D8” rather than “1D08” in the character sheet and inventory screen.
13) Changed the way campfires are printed so that the contrast is higher.
14) Added Movement by holding the Mouse button pressed.
15) Fixed a big bug in the chronometer. Thanks for spotting that, I missed it earlier as I thought the reloading was cutting down time. Now displays both hours and minutes.
16) The game will now save the cursor state (attack, shoot or observe) of each character at the end of their turn and resume it on their turn. Also saved in save games.
17) Fixed a bug with Dexterity 0 when obtained from sleep. Being put to sleep (or pinned) reduces the dexterity to 0 but it should not “paralyze” a creature. It’s only when a character acquires dexterity zero from ability damage that he becomes paralyzed because of low dex.
Haven’t had enough time to upgrade the item interface.
Just uploaded version 1.05 of the full game. Available to all existing customers in the usual way. This will not hurt your saved games.
1) Fixed the Orc Stockade and Taneliz group assignment bugs – pretty critical. Please let me know if anything like this shows up again in the later parts of the game.
2) Fixed an issue that happened if a character in the party was standing at the top of a campfire square just before it’s created (bear cave): the game will push the character to an empty square.
3) Fixed an issue that happened if one of your character gets an ability damage or ability drain so high that he becomes paralyzed. If this happens, at the end of the fight his stats will recover to a minimum of 1 so he can at least move around.
Hi all, I've just uploaded the version 1.04 of the demo. Changes:
- a dialogue will pop up after a fight if one of your characters has gained a level, explaining how to level up.
- fixed a glitch with music when closing the application
- same fixes as in the full version 1.04 (toughness feat, swapping of characters)
Hopefully version 1.06(?) will have the "keep mouse button pushed to move" option. I will also ask the musician to do a level up sound and one of the artists to draw some higher resolution text font. Small price to pay if that makes the game more popular.
Edit: note to existing customers: you can download full version 1.04 in the download area. This won't affect your saved games.