Demo v1.36, Full v1.36

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Demo v1.19, Full v1.19

Postby Darthcast » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow, I didn't know you could display the dice rolls and stuff. The new resolution is also great.
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Postby Archangel » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 am

I noticed a bug with using the new resolution. If I open the inventory during combat, it does not fill the whole screen as before and many icons there cannot be used. I tried to transfer an item from one character to another and I could not as the place to drop the item was not where the name of that character was.
The whole inventory screen is unpleasant to use now.

I really liked the new option but as I go to the inventory a lot during combat I could not play with it.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm

I've had that problem once but I'm not sure how to reproduce it. How do you get to the inventory screen?
I'll fix it in the next update.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Archangel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 am

I use the "use inventory" from the action list.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Greymark » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 pm

I tested this and was able to recreate (I had not seen this before).

Launch game, load previous game, initiate a random encounter on world map, 1st character with initiative use "Use Inventory". Majorly buggered.

Note, once you do this the first time, I was not able to recreate (minimal testing buts still ...). From that point forward inventory was fine. I had to close and relaunch completely in order to recreate.

P
Greymark
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:38 pm

I happened to me in multiple fights without reloading the game. But you are right, I didn't notice it happening each time I opened the inventory, but only sometimes.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Darthcast » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Huh? How do I display the dice rolls etc. as seen in Demiaths video? Also, can I only enable the higher resolution when using windowed mode?
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Greymark » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Question, with the new resolution, when you "Hide Actions" was there not an "Unhide Actions" button or wording before? I don't see it. But when you run your mouse top right you see option. Is that how it is intended?

P
Greymark
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Greymark » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Darthcast wrote:Huh? How do I display the dice rolls etc. as seen in Demiaths video? Also, can I only enable the higher resolution when using windowed mode?

When in combat hit the TAB button to view dice rolls (one of the best features of the game. I hate when I cannot figure out what is taking place with a game mechanic and. therefore, unable to react. Or worse, spend hours testing)
Greymark
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:25 am

Greymark wrote:
Darthcast wrote:Huh? How do I display the dice rolls etc. as seen in Demiaths video? Also, can I only enable the higher resolution when using windowed mode?

When in combat hit the TAB button to view dice rolls (one of the best features of the game. I hate when I cannot figure out what is taking place with a game mechanic and. therefore, unable to react. Or worse, spend hours testing)

I would say the game telling your your chances to hit without that window is the best feature of this game, especially to anyone new or newer to D&D. Dice rolls is something the game should show anyways (all NWN games did as did ToEE).
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG