Demo v1.36, Full v1.36

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Demo v1.08, Full v1.09

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Ah, I see. Yes of course you may think that it's being hit with the weapon that created the negative level. Mmmm. Anyway, for the record, if that was from being hit the screen would say "Origin: attack from enemy" instead.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Demiath » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:40 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Anyway, for the record, if that was from being hit the screen would say "Origin: attack from enemy" instead.

Nice, didn't know that. Must never have had a reason to investigate the precise origin of a level/ability drain before the Blight Dagger incident (glancing quickly at the character screen's buff/debuff icons usually gives me all the information I need).
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Lurking Grue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Good golly, the rate these patches come out is absolutely stunning! Excellent support! Kudos to BlueSalamander, the hardest working man in cRPG business! 8-)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Lurking Grue
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.10, Full v1.10

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:11 pm

The new version is out: details there.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Hurray! Probably need to update the announcement page and tell folk around for the font situation getting there.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Khoram » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Wow, I didn't think the original font was too bad (it brought back many fond memories of New Phlan), but man does the new font look very, very good. The text is very crisp and readable, while still wearing its old-school roots on its sleeve. Nice job!

I'm not sure, though, if I've encountered a bug after playing with the new version for a few minutes. I loaded from a previous save made under 1.09, in the Keep, then headed to the Mountain Pass, fought a couple battles, then at the conclusion of one, I can't move my group. If I click to walk, the screen turns black (like it's centered on an unexplored portion of the map, maybe?) and the cursor shows "no walk". If I re-center the screen and try again, same happens. I saved the game, exited the game, restarted and reloaded, and now my party doesn't even show up on the map at all. Will re-load from a previous save and see what's up.
Khoram
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Thank you for the bug report Khoram, was it a random encounter on the world map? on a random encounter in the mountain pass?
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Darkion » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello, lurker here. I'm enjoying this great game tremendously. Fantastic job and thank you for all the quick updates!

I have upgraded to 1.10 and noticed a bug in the Main Menu's Help screen which might have been reported already or might be new in this version. When looking at the List of Basic Weapons, clicking on the name of any weapon freezes the game. As far as I can tell that didn't happen before, because I have checked on weapons numerous times in the past few days without a problem.
Darkion
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Khoram » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:59 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you for the bug report Khoram, was it a random encounter on the world map? on a random encounter in the mountain pass?

It was a set encounter in the mountain pass, the one where a group of centipedes drop and surround the party. I reloaded my previous save, went there again and beat it, and haven't had any problems yet, though.
Khoram
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Darkion, I've just tried clicking the list of basic weapons and weapon names and haven't experienced any freeze. Do you mean a slowdown or a crash?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the problem! It's in the full game not the demo.
Edit2: okay the freeze on weapon names is because the weapon file hasn't been loaded yet. Once you have loaded a game the help entries will show up fine. Will fix that in next version (I'll have the game load the weapons from the start.)

Regarding the problem at the end of fight in mountain pass, I'll try to reproduce it.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG