Game stopping bugs... *spoilers*

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby droog » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 am

This is great fun so far, but I've run into a couple of possible game stoppers that I've managed to work around, just thought I'd let you know about them.

The first one is in the Orc Tower. After the fight with the dragon, you can talk to a slaver in the top left room. After I'd talked to him, some of the orcs in the room went hostile and I killed them. The slaver was still friendly, as were his remaining orcs, however one of them had wandered out of the room and was outside of the door.

Later, when I came back from the lower level, the slaver attacked, but the orc was locked out of the room, so even after killing everything in it, I couldn't end the combat as the orc was impossible to reach.

The second one is in the mountain pass. After killing the dragon and eventually finding the secret door, there are two sets of stairs. If you use the number pad to move into the second set, the game crashes, though clicking on them with the mouse cursor transports you to the world map as it should.

Another minor bug... (at least I think it's a bug) after bribing your way past the guard in the next town, walking forwards causes some the guards to go hostile (similarly to the slaver fight above). I don't know if this will impact anything later in the game, so I've stopped playing for now in case I should just try to fight my way into the town and possibly avoid another game stopper.

Thanks for the game so far, it's been great fun to play something that isn't resorting to A.I. cheating to remain challenging!
Last edited by droog on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droog
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Game stopping bugs... *spoilers*

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks for the post, I will definitely look into this issue.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby protobob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, I'm having the same problem as droog in Taneliz, I show them the letter, take a step forward and combat starts. The odd thing is that some of the guards start shooting each other (this happens every time I try it) and it's not like they are shooting each other trying to get me, they are aiming away from me. Makes me think some of the guards are set up as a different 'group' and consider my party and some of the other guards as bad guys. This happens in both 1.03 and 1.04 versions of the game.

P.S. Love the game, thanks.
protobob
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Thank you, protobob. Yes, some of the guards were added to the original group and so it's probably a group assignment issue.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby protobob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:45 pm

The game won't let me attack the guards (even though they are attacking me), so this really is 'game-stopping.'
protobob
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Hello, please download 1.05 to continue playing properly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby protobob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 am

I just tried the new version and it works properly, thanks for the quick fix!
protobob
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby droog » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:53 am

Thank you for the patch!
droog
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Fezzik » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 am

In connection with the 1.05 fix for the orc stockade, once I get to the head-slaver in the orc stockade, none of the orcs leave the room, but the campfire that appeared in that room before no longer appears for me. Was that intentionally changed or is it more likely that something strange is hapenning on my end?

P.S. Great game, by the way.
Fezzik
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:46 am

Spoiler: The campfire there is not supposed to appear unless you have eliminated the leader, Icarus.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG