Keep gems/minerals? [Spoilers!]

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby EEMac » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:53 pm

I have a character who's absolutely loaded up with gems (ruby, dragon eye) and minerals (malachite, jade, amber, etc.) They don't seem to be requirements for spell components. Is it safe to sell these things, or do I need them later?
EEMac
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Keep gems/minerals? [Spoilers!]

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Hello EEMac, thank you for your post and sorry for the delayed reply.

It's perfectly safe to sell all your gems and minerals. The game will not allow you to sell items that are marked as 'quest items'.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby EEMac » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:00 am

Neat! And my fourth character thanks you immensely. His inventory was completely full. :-)
EEMac
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Galm_One » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:06 am

Okay, great, thanks for the explanation, I was saving them in case I should ever need them, but I guess I'll organise my character's own yard sale with all of the minerals I have to sell now!
Galm_One
Lizardman (CR 1)

Postby Noumenon » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:30 pm

In KotC2, I notice that you can sell Air Diamonds even though they are used for crafting. Do any of the other gems have uses in the game? I see that Emeralds have an aura around them, while Bloodstones do not. Are both safe to sell?

Does the answer differ if you have a dwarf with Appraise Gems? (Yes or no is fine, don't need spoiler on this)
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:42 pm

Nope. Only the magic diamonds have crafting uses in KotC 2. Traditional gems can be sold safely. Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG