Tools for making RPG games

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Postby Marinx » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

First I must say that I don't have any programming knowledge. Just some c++ basics and that's it.
Now, I need some tool to make RPG games which don't requires to be a expert in programming. I don't like japanese RPG so RPG maker is out of question. I found Legendary tales engine http://www.legendarytales.com/ but it is only for text based RPG. On that website is also 3 skulls text based RPG based on that engine and you can download source code of game.
Anybody have some idea ?
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Tools for making RPG games

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Mmm, how about the module editors of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, the TOEE modding community, and for completeness, Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures and Bard's Tale Construction Kit.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Marinx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Mmm, how about the module editors of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, the TOEE modding community, and for completeness, Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures and Bard's Tale Construction Kit.

I never tried module editors but now that you mentioned I might try. While I was searching for some rpg making utility, I found "game maker 8".
It' s used to make 2d arcade and action games but you can also make a rpg. Now I'm going through tutorials and maybe I make something of my own. If so, I'll upload so you can all try and give me feedback :mrgreen:
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby SkeleTony » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:32 am

There is also the RPG Toolkit:

http://www.toolkitzone.com/

A freeware RPM Maker. It is unfortunately aimed at 'Console styled/Japanese RPGs(Final Fantasy, Zelda etc.) but CAN be used to create everything from D&D/Forgotten Realms to...whatever.
SkeleTony
Vrock (CR 9)

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films