Roguelike games and Incursion

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Postby ManuelMarino » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 pm

http://www.incursion-roguelike.net/ is a Roguelike game that really impress me.

Roguelikes are not what I consider exactly cRPGs, but when you are in front of a huge depth and so many options... well, you have absolutely to try it.
ManuelMarino
Lizardman (CR 1)

Advert

Re: Roguelike games and Incursion

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:56 pm

I like Incursion too. Especially the randomly-generated dungeons with their text descriptions and special features (natural caverns, corridors, rooms, etc). It's nice that it uses the OGL. However, I didn't like the interface and I thought the character creation was too complicated.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Roguelike games and Incursion

Postby getter77 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:25 am

If you peruse the latest news item from awhile back, it is absolutely ASTOUNDING as to the lengths the dev, Journeyman, is going to totally rewrite and improve the game based off the feedback from the "current"/long rather broken and half-implemented version. As such, it is still likely a year or so away from having another release---but to this day the discussions are lively and seemingly fruitful on the GoogleGroup they use in lieu of a forum.

I do believe interface and other such things have been taken to heart, though I suspect the character creation process will still remain, if not be even moreso, utterly ridiculous in terms of options. That said, if a good way can be reckoned to present those options intuitively while still allowing for speedy creation, well, more power to it! 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films