KotC 2 Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: KotC 2 Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun May 06, 2018 4:46 am

Hello everyone, thank you so much for your support. When I read about how interested people are in KotC 2, it inspires me to make a really great game!

Time flies. I might launch the Kickstarter in November this year. It depends on how fast I can finish the AI and make a nice polished demo.

I've already worked on AI for around 5 weeks nonstop and I expect that it will require an additional two or three months. It takes a lot of time to do the required testing and fix bugs and make sure that the AI plays well in all situations.

Take care and stay tuned! :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Novograd » Mon May 07, 2018 2:35 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello everyone, thank you so much for your support. When I read about how interested people are in KotC 2, it inspires me to make a really great game!

Time flies. I might launch the Kickstarter in November this year. It depends on how fast I can finish the AI and make a nice polished demo.

I've already worked on AI for around 5 weeks nonstop and I expect that it will require an additional two or three months. It takes a lot of time to do the required testing and fix bugs and make sure that the AI plays well in all situations.

Take care and stay tuned! :-)

Great! If you need a beta-tester you can PM me ;)
Novograd
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby mercyRPG » Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 pm

BlueSalamander, for the Kickstarter if you plan animated characters just like KOTC 1, I'm buying again!
mercyRPG
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby galneon » Wed May 23, 2018 2:26 am

I'm looking forward to this and will certainly be buying it on release. I'm curious about the Kickstarter, though. Will it have a modest goal with funding to be used as supplemental in the hopes of maybe expediting a release, or will the game's completion in its ideally imagined scope/depth be contingent upon its success?

Kickstarters are all about presentation, and my long-time concern that the nature of the tokens (as opposed to the more visceral, less figurative character/monster graphics of KotC1) will limit the game's appeal are compounded by my concern that the impact will be felt doubly so by the Kickstarter campaign to come.

(I only drop in every now and then, but I seem to remember the tokens not being regarded as placeholder graphics.)
galneon
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Previous

Return to Ideas for KotC 2