Quest items/rewards

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Quest items/rewards

Postby Darthcast » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:32 pm

But that would be too strong because you could just switch the damage type (bludgeoning, piercing) to whatever fits best at the moment.

I'm in favor of that weapon groups system.
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Postby Narsham » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Darthcast wrote:But that would be too strong because you could just switch the damage type (bludgeoning, piercing) to whatever fits best at the moment.

I'm in favor of that weapon groups system.

Agreed. Making the feats entirely generic makes them too powerful compared with other feats.

I don't think the lost choices involved in broadening to weapon groups is particularly large in scope compared to the choices opened up in taking a better feat to begin with. The choice between two very similar weapons seems less likely to arise than the choice between weapons in different groups. Allowing wizards to specialize in a single spell instead of a spell school would create choices, but also restricts the feat's utility against other feats available to the character to the point that you'd need considerable benefit (not just a +1 DC) to justify taking it.

Infrequent choices not of equal weight don't add as much as more frequent choices made between comparable options.
Narsham
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Tiavals » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 am

Partially the reason I suggested that it be made generic, is that fighters will be pretty crummy if there will be other fighter-like classes(to my understand Paladin will be in the game?). The point of the fighter is the extra feats, but KOTC1(at least), didn't implement too many of the most used and basic feats fighters could take due to it's game mechanics(improved trip, improved disarm, and so on). For this reason, fighters will be severely underpowered compared to paladins in KOTC2, unless some changes are made.

Note, however, that I didn't find a thread or such about the stuff that KOTC2 is going to have, so I'm not sure if trip and disarm and suchs will be implemented in the game, or fully what classes there will be. Is there such a thread yet?
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

I'd like to have trip, disarm and sunder. (Mentioned it there viewtopic.php?p=1848#p1848)

Tiavals wrote:fully what classes there will be.
Not yet determined.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby romeck » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi everyone. I also think that crafting is too powerfull . On lev. 16 i have all best items i could. so fight /game do not bring so much fun as it could couse i know that i do not take something better that i have. Crafting should be limited to +3 or should require some others item to complete which player could obtain only through quest and fighting bosses ( especialy optional bosses not plot one - who remeber fight with red dragon in BG2 or DemiLich). There should be also a NPC (some dwarf crafter) that could take off all the enchantment from one weapon and put it to another but it should cost much money and character should sacrifice one point of Base Atributes or sth like that. (that crafter prevent situation that player like to play weapon X but game developers prefer others ( longsword :D ) so he do not find anything useful all the game ) . This idea make game playable and fun for all and looting is still exciting since u dont know what u could find.

Also there should be more enchatnment/spells avaiable for items .

I like idea of knowing how attacks , damage and so on is calculated but knowing what your oponent is wielding is unrealistic. Such a wisdom should be only obtained through feats or sht like that (spells).

Also i like the way player could identify items from Might and magic. Sorry but how PC can know about all weapon and its efect when he find it ? it should be indentified by NPC or through high wis/int (or some feats)

There could be spcecial recipes obtained by quest or speaking with people that allow player to craft/forge special weapons/items/armor. sth that u recieve after resolving many quest :)

Thats all for now.
romeck
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Hello romeck, thank you for your post.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to Ideas for KotC 2