Lets have some spells!

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Lets have some spells!

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 am

I made this big list hoping at least some could be done.
Please, if possible for your next game implement more spells for clerics. Here are my suggestions:
FlameStrike, PlaneShift as a attack spells (will save or sent to a plane of some element that kills that subject), Hold Person (either it wasn't in the game or I didn't take with with either of my clerics), Greater Command, Destruction, Implosion, Holy/Unholy Word, Storm of Vengeance, Blade Barrier, Animate Object (just summon appropriate lvl objects, also something you can implement in the next game as new kinds of opponents).
Repulsion, some Symbol spells as small area attack spells, Air Walk (make it work like Fly spell described below), Magic Westment and Greater Magic Weapon.

Also suggestions for the wizard:
Wall of Force, Black Tentacles, Fly (this would be done easily, just give the target a condition that gives it immunity to melee attacks unless the attacker has the fly condition as well; it would also allow them to move through all squares occupied without provoking AoO and with taking damage from braziers and such; If someone with a fly condition attacks anyone in melee that does not have the same condition they lose the condition until their next turn as it represents them flying down to the ground to engage in melee).
Then Force Cage, Reverse Gravity, Mage's Disjunction (make it dispel automatically on a larger radius but not destroy items), Gate (just summon the most bad $#!@ Demon or Angel if you implement those in the next game), Wail of Banshee (I will not ask for Time Stop as it is probably too complicated), Astral Projection (this spell would be too cool, just make it summon your double that you then control that is your complete duplicate and has all your spells at that moment while your character goes unconscious on the spot; if your duplicate dies you wake up with or without some penalty, I would give none as the spell in PnP has none and your body is in enough danger while the duplicate is active), then some of the Hut/Mansion spells for one shot resting in places where there are no campfires (you can still make this spell not work in areas you do not want to; implementing this spell will help you balance if you take my suggestion from the other thread and remove crafting from dungeons).
Shield spell would be cool but with no prebuffing probably not that useful, maybe if you implemented Persistened feat (not OGL I know, call it something else :D) you could allow some more spells to be cast outside of combat. Dismissal and Banishment spells.
Chain Lightning (probably was too difficult to implement).
Oh yea, please Arcane Eye (to be used outside of combat, once you summon it gains control and party stays where it is until duration runs out or you dismiss it; It is invisible and does not start combats, cannot open doors and such, can be used to clear fog of war and let the party see what is ahead; if it runs into opponents that see invisible the spell is dismissed immediately and control returns to the party).
Maybe some Hand Spells. Spell Turning?
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Lets have some spells!

Advert

Re: Lets have some spells!

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:52 pm

chromatic orb, skulltrap, flame arrow, force missiles (generally more force spells), breach!, lower resistance, summoning spells, create (greater) undead, malison, emotion, symbols, spell sequencer, spell trigger, contingiency, wish, abi dhalzims horrid wilting, avasculate, shadow simulacrum, mirror image!, etherealness, mords sword, pw kill, spell mantles

there you have some spells
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:14 pm

I do not think he can use non OGL spells.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks for the lists... I do have a lot of these on my "wanted" list already.

I do not think he can use non OGL spells.
Of course I can, I have the power :) :twisted:
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby doufas » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:58 am

More spells would be excellent any new spells are great. Perhaps some more higher damage elemental AoE spells, it sucks having to maximise/empower the lower level spells in place of the higher level because they are too weak and also the sr checks and saving throws would be harder to make. Perhaps have a fire damage spell that required a fortitute save instead of reflex, this might help create another tactical element of saves you can go against - call it spotaneously combust or something.

Also more elements would be nice lke earth damage or wind. Maybe a metamagic talent that lets you change the element of a spell it would require 4 levels higher or something? any higher level caster feats would be nice - maybe a feat that give a unique powerful spell that can only be used 1/rest?
doufas
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 am

Metamagic feat that lets you cast fireball as cold damage already exists in PnP, it would be just a matter of implementing it :)
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to Ideas for KotC 2