KotC 2 Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: KotC 2 Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 am

Thank you very much everyone for the expressions of support. I really appreciate it.

On the Steam front: Yes, I totally understand the benefit from increased exposure and brand awareness, particularly before a Kickstarter. Actually, I recently did the very first tiny step towards getting onto Steam: filling up the SS4 form that the US IRS needs so that they will not collect a withholding tax of 30% on all of my sales. I'll fax it to the IRS soon. But I'm very aware of one thing: I need a new video recording. The thing is, I much prefer to do the new KotC 1 video around the same time as I do the KotC 2 video. Because it's hard to change focus radically. Right now I'm focused on finishing the engine and demo of KotC 2. Shouldn't take too long, hopefully :)

On the music from LibertyRansom: Thank you very much for the offer to help in the music department. I've listened to 'Skirmish at the Edge of the Badlands' several times and I think it's really awesome! I will message you and you can also write to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com. Of course, I would love to have that soundtrack and others from you in KotC 2. Me see, me takes! We wants it! We needs it!! :D

KotC 2 development update:

* Dialogue portraits: I have just reintroduced the portraits that were displayed in the top-left corner when you were talking to someone in KotC 1. In KotC 2, there are nearly 300 portraits to choose from. Item icons can also be displayed there.

* Weapon enchantments: All weapon and armour enchantments are now implemented. The most complicated one was Dispelling. On a successful hit, the Dispelling weapon enchantment attempts to remove a beneficial magic effect affecting the target. As with every combat action in KotC 2, the percent chance of success is displayed in a tooltip when you mouse over a target creature, as well as the name of the magic effect that may be removed. The damage range is also displayed.

* Potions: I've added potions to the game. They include all the standard potions, such as a potion of Strength, plus some non-standard ones like the Heal potion.

* Voice effects: Recently received more than 80 voice recordings of things that the leading character will say from time to time, depending on his/her character class and what he/she is doing.

* Bard song recordings: Nice progress on that front. When the Bard plays a song, a small clip will be played that depends on the selected song and the type of instrument he/she is using.

* Help entries for character conditions: In progress, but the list of conditions is really long. It's a hassle to create the help entries but it needs to be done.

* Spellcasting AI: In progress. Needs more testing, even though the AI is very deadly already. Also, more work needed on the spells that can be cast automatically after resting.

* Website update: Just uploaded the latest versions of the web pages for Weapon enchantments, Feats, Wizard, Cleric, Druid and Psionicist.

* Cryptography: I've added to the game a decoding interface used to decipher secret messages. Please see the screenshot below, click to enlarge and try to decipher the message ;) . I think that this new interface can be very entertaining and it's a nice way of avoiding any excessive focus on fighting. For module creators, it's really easy to create a secret message in the editor.

Any comments are welcome. Thank you for reading! Farewell, till next time!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Atoch » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 pm

I really, really love the concept behind "Cryptography". The implementation seems to be superb too. It has a nice, nostalgic, retro feeling.
Such fitting additions can imho level up a good game into a memorable great game...
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby mercyRPG » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Decrypt-screen is nice and the massive amount of D&D features implemented is impressive!
mercyRPG
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Hello everyone, I've just posted a massive update on KotC 2 development.

Here is the link: http://heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=704#p4928

Everyone can read the update, as it's not in the forum restricted to buyers.

I hope you like it! Take care, until next time!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Congrats are surely in order for this outstanding amount of progress this July Update showcases---wind in your sails! 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello everyone, I've just posted another massive update on KotC 2 development.

Here is the link: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=753&p=5025#p5025

Again, anyone can read the update, as it's not in the forum restricted to buyers.

Take care all, and have a great time! 8-)

PS. Thank you very much for your support, getter77.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:37 pm

You are quite welcome Pierre---truly hoping KotC 2 can come through for you and greatly surpass the reception and performance of the original.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Hello everyone, I've just posted the October 2018 update on KotC 2 development.

Here is the link: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=759&p=5066#p5066

Again, anyone can read the update, as it's not in the forum restricted to buyers.

Take care all, and have a splendid time! :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:15 am

Hi all, here is the link for the November update: http://heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=769&p=5111#p5111

Take care and feel free to post comments and suggestions! Cheers!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Hello everyone, here is the link for the pre-Kickstarter update: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=773#p5151

Any comments are welcome. Thank you for reading! Have a good time!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2