KotC 2 Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: KotC 2 Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi, I'm working on it. I would have posted the character classes, but I've decided to do illustrations for each of them first. I've got a few more pictures to do before I can work on the web pages. And then after the pages I will go back to programming the game.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby MonkeyLancer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 am

YOU'RE doing the illustrations? I didn't know you had it in you.. actually I've been brainstorming/working on what I intend to use for a module for KOTC2 and once I've had sufficiently brainstormed I'll post some concept drawings and sketches too
MonkeyLancer
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Jim Cojones » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:11 am

Any news about the update?
Jim Cojones
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 am

Here's an update:
- done designing the spell lists,
- done the character-class illustrations,
- done formatting the web pages for races, equipment, weapon groups, spell schools, Barbarian, Bard, Death Knight, Monk, Paladin.
- still have to do the formatting for Ranger, Cleric, Druid, Psionicist, Psychic Warrior, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard (a heck of a lot of work for someone who's not working on it full time)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Tiavals » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Sounds super good.

But what is Death Knight? Is it an OGL class or something you made up? A counter point for paladin, like Blackguard, or something else?

Also, I thought you weren't doing Rogue(and some of the other classes?)
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Dorateen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm

I would guess that Death Knight is kind of like the D&D "Blackguard" prestige class. Sort of an anti-Paladin.

The class selection looks good. Now if we could create 6 characters this time, I'm starting to see how I might build the party using these new classes...
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

Some questions.

- do you plan to include potions?
- Rogues, what about them? Will there be traps, locks, backstabbing the shit out of enemies? I liked 2nd ed backstab more than sneak attack dice.
- Sorcerer? Can you reveal some specifics? Does he function like a wizard except with access to arcane and divine spells? Sounds p. overpowered, e.g. Divine Power + ranged touch attack spells.
- What about Death Knight? Can you reveal some specifics?
Last edited by VentilatorOfDoom on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Over » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 am

Nice to hear more news about KotC 2. ;)
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bakedlays » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:46 pm

This sounds great, haven't posted on here since the original first came out, but wanted to let you know I'm waiting and will buy the next one!
bakedlays
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby DonaldDuck » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Yea, thanks for the update. I was also under the impression you weren't going to do rouge type of characters from your previous posts? Anyway, glad to hear things are progressing along, have you settled on a graphic style/prospective yet?
DonaldDuck
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2