KotC 2 Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: KotC 2 Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Yes it will work like KotC 1. I think that's okay if rangers use a spear for the AC bonus vs charging.
If they have a high Dex they may be better off with a weapon that works with Weapon Finesse instead.
They need a melee weapon for the AOOs and when they can't take a five-foot step away from enemies.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I've uploaded final screenshots for Battle of the Sands: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/BOTS/BOTS_Screenshots.htm

Also updated the introduction page for Battle of the Sands: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/BOTS/BOTS_Introduction.htm

Is anyone interested in playtesting that game? I only need one or two dedicated RTS players.

I've also posted an update about Knights of the Chalice 2 for people who have bought KotC:
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=455#p3963

Mr. Roman Hodek, the artist, is redrawing all of the character-class illustrations and KotC buyers will get to see them before anyone else. This time I've uploaded the illustration for the Barbarian class.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby DonaldDuck » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 am

I can playtest your rts if you'd like, I am in diamond leauge in starcraft 2 right now so I do ok at these types of games and can give you some feedback if a lot of time isn't a requirement (as I only have time to do about eight hours of gaming a week). Really curious about your A.I.
DonaldDuck
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Thanks DonaldDuck! I would like that. A lot of time is not a requirement.
At the moment, I'm adding a small tutorial campaign, because I've been told the game is too difficult.
I'll send you an email soon.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby DonaldDuck » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:51 am

Great, looking forward to it. I have yet to encounter an AI in rts that doesn't cheat and is challenging at the same time.
DonaldDuck
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi, I've just made Battle of the Sands available for purchase.

Please try the free demo and buy from this link: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/BOTS/BOTS_Download.htm

I'll have to spend some time contacting game websites.

My remaining projects are a Linux and Mac version of BotS, a book on libertarian economics, and KotC 2.

You will of course help the development of KotC 2 if you do buy BotS :-)

Comments about BotS can be posted on there: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Enjoy!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 am

BlueSalamander wrote:You will of course help the development of KotC 2 if you do buy BotS

You're very good at promotion, BlueS; this line made me buy Battle for the Sands instantly without even trying out the demo... ;)
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Essegi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 am

Demiath wrote:
BlueSalamander wrote:You will of course help the development of KotC 2 if you do buy BotS

You're very good at promotion, BlueS; this line made me buy Battle for the Sands instantly without even trying out the demo... ;)

I second this, just bought cause KotC 2 is the game i am expecting more along The Age Of Decadence! :D
Essegi
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:01 am

Thank you very much for your support!

If someone could write a review of BotS or record a small video that would be awesome too :-)

There will be an update about KotC 2 soon. That project already uses a lot of code from BotS.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 am

Here is an update about Knights of the Chalice 2 for people who have bought KotC:

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=467

This update focuses on the Bard and the computer's map. Enjoy!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2