Combat Engine, New Subraces, New Classes, New Class Features

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Combat Engine, New Subraces, New Classes, New Class Feat

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Thank you very much :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby glennfrogknight » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:54 pm

When I first played KotC, I didn't know it wasn't a free game, I got a copy from somewhere I don't remember anymore. I found out a good while later, when searching if there'd be a KotC2, that it wasn't, so I went and bought the game, and I've been waiting patiently for KotC2 since.

Just letting you know that I really am looking forward to it. KotC1 was fantastic for what it was, and KotC2 looks like it's going to be better, which is exciting. It's unfortunate WotC has next to no interest in making good D&D games anymore. Mask of the Betrayer was great, but other than that, it's been sparse for a long time... KOTOR, ToEE, NWN1 were great, but they're all old now :(

I never really liked 4E, but I do feel like that system would have made a great video game. It's too bad they never did, it's, how I feel, the best way that game "engine" could have been used; a game where everything is mostly real-time, where you play one character, and cooldowns and per-fight abilities and everything feel exciting, not boring when you're waiting 10 minutes for your turn to come back up, only to roll a 1 on your Encounter-rated power.

Keep up the good work, man. I'm glad to have been able to buy your game and help support you, and I look forward to doing so again in the future. I'll admit I'm a bit hesitant with how much you're straying away from vanilla OGL, but vanilla OGL certainly isn't perfect, so I understand there's both a lot of room to improve things, and a desire by you to do so.

I look forward to it. Thanks for the update!
glennfrogknight
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby harels84 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:18 am

Hi,

Classes\Racers Ideas :

1. Mage\Sorcerer\Wizard - on lvl 12 can turn to Lich in a ceremony + gold.
2. Dragonborn Race who cold use in a breath weapon which goes stronger per lvl and finally in lvl 14 he can make himself Wings to fly !
harels84
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Hello harels84, thanks for the ideas. I guess, turning into a lich could be an option for high-level Wizards and Sorcerers, or maybe something that is offered to the player in a particular module after doing related quests. However, it's usually done by enemy spellcasters. The Dragonborn Race, essentially it is the same as the Drake player-character race. The Drake gets a breath weapon that increases in power with each level.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to Ideas for KotC 2