Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby aratuk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 am

If it wouldn't be a prohibitive amount of effort, it might be good for the Kickstarter campaign if a small slice of the Augury of Chaos module were available as a playable demo. You might as well use all the work you've already done to your greatest advantage.

I don't know how easy it would be to cut out the majority of the content for the purpose of making a demo, though.

I'm looking forward to the game. I will definitely be a backer!
aratuk
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby galneon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:41 am

For BlueSalamander: Last visited: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:22 am

This might be his privacy settings showing his last activity as the time of his last post, I don't know. Seems quiet around here lately, though. Hope everything's good with him.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby calmforce » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Thank you so much for that beautiful trailer! Looking forward to the game :-)
calmforce
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby itsdat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:09 pm

galneon wrote:For BlueSalamander: Last visited: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:22 am

This might be his privacy settings showing his last activity as the time of his last post, I don't know. Seems quiet around here lately, though. Hope everything's good with him.

He posted on the Facebook page 5 days ago. He is still working on the trailer. -> " Thank you for the comments! :-) Still working on the trailer here."
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Thank you all for the kind words of support. Sorry for not posting anything earlier. Normally, I get notified whenever people post on the forum. But the forum stopped sending me notifications in the last couple of weeks, so I was just thinking that the forum is quiet.

So yeah, as I said a few hours ago on the KS page (which was sending me notifications...), I've done a trailer in two versions, 13 minutes and six minutes, but since that is a bit too long we're planning to do a shorter one. Shouldn't take too long. But then I also have to do a trailer for KotC 1, that's going to take a while.

feanor89 wrote:I wanted to create something like pathfinder unchained rogue's class feature finesse training or agile weapon enchantement
Yup. Sounds like an interesting feat. Whenever you're attacking with a finesse weapon and you have Weapon Finesse, you apply your Dexterity modifier to damage rolls instead of your Strength modifier (if the Dexterity modifier is higher than the Strength modifier). It's similar to Zen Archery. I'm adding it to the list of feats I'd like to implement. I think it's better as a feat than as a weapon enchantment.

Demiath wrote:Here's a simple unofficial teaser trailer.
Excellent as always! Thank you!

Thanks for your patience everyone!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby itsdat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:But then I also have to do a trailer for KotC 1, that's going to take a while.

Huh? You plan to create a trailer for KotC 1. before the KotC 2. KS? :shock: That would delay the KS for weeks again. :? Besides, what would be the point in that? I don't understand it, but I might misunderstood your post.
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby galneon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:14 am

Perhaps the KotC1 trailer is for a simultaneous KotC1 and KotC2 launch on Steam? It also makes a bit of sense to draw on that heritage when marketing the KotC2 KS. I'd love to see KotC1 on Steam or GOG. I'm afraid it may be more difficult now that the Steam Greenlight program is over, but I think GOG would eat it up. The Gold Box and IE games do great on GOG and people interested in those games would get suggestions for KotC.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:29 am

RPG Codex Knights of the Chalice 2 Pre-Kickstarter Interview is up:
https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11115
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby itsdat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:11 pm

VentilatorOfDoom wrote:RPG Codex Knights of the Chalice 2 Pre-Kickstarter Interview is up:

Somehow I've missed it. Thanks for the link! :)

Anyway, this answers my previous question: "Initially, I was thinking to launch the KS campaign after finishing work on the KotC 2 trailer and after finalising the KS page, reward tiers and stretch goals. However, there is good sense in trying to get KotC 1 on Steam and GOG first. So I'm planning to do that. Therefore, I need to spend some more time making a good video for KotC 1 and looking into Steam."

KotC 2. is a much improved version of the original game. Even the graphical presentation is totally different. Honestly, I don't get the logic behind this.
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby feanor89 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:01 pm

itsdat wrote:
VentilatorOfDoom wrote:RPG Codex Knights of the Chalice 2 Pre-Kickstarter Interview is up:

Anyway, this answers my previous question: "Initially, I was thinking to launch the KS campaign after finishing work on the KotC 2 trailer and after finalising the KS page, reward tiers and stretch goals. However, there is good sense in trying to get KotC 1 on Steam and GOG first. So I'm planning to do that. Therefore, I need to spend some more time making a good video for KotC 1 and looking into Steam."

KotC 2. is a much improved version of the original game. Even the graphical presentation is totally different. Honestly, I don't get the logic behind this.

I honestly don't get this logic either. I will gladly buy a Steam version of KotC 1, but I don't think that presenting an older game on Steam and GOG before the KS is going to help it getting much hype, especially since you'll be required to spend your money on a old game first, when you already know that there is a new one ready to be played.
In my opinion one way of "launching" KotC 1 on Steam/GOG will be to add it as a reward for KS backers (maybe for the ones that pledge a little more than the standard pledge) and then to propose something like a KotC 2 "Gold" edition on Steam/GOG that features both games.
Anyway, thank you for the news and for considering my "finesse training" idea!
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2