In support to Pierre, AKA "BlueSalamander"

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: In support to Pierre, AKA "BlueSalamander"

Postby simmessa » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:54 am

+1 for Pierre! I didn't lose respect for the man, btw, but I think he made some mistakes.

Mistakes are human, and can be corrected, so, I still have full faith in Pierre's project and mission.

I'll personally wait for a better release and I'm pretty sure it will happen soon, if that's not the case I'll just wait some more, I don't care if this gets released later on, I just want to be able to play the full thing as it's been intended by the creator. :ugeek:

Simone.
simmessa
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby Aequil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 am

It’s a great game with a bit of a rocky start. Nothing new, and I’m sure Pierre will have it in great shape soon!
Aequil
Griffon (CR 4)

In support to Pierre, AKA "BlueSalamander"

Postby Clatoo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello all,

Thank you all for sharing your faith in Pierre, by now, I guess, you know where I stand :D
I think that BlueSalamander has taken enough flak already, and that it is time for some of us to express our support to him.

@DarkSith : I understand your disappointment, I really do. But as I said, if you wanted to voice your concerns, this was not the thread.

Thierry
Clatoo
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby getter77 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Things will get sorted in due course within the near'ish future, I have every confidence of such considering---the next 3 modules should benefit enormously from this experience in terms of their approach and foundations.

Clarity, and clarity of intent, is derived from changelogs at this stage---let us behold the forthcoming true nature of his collective Magnum Opus as he seeks to go beyond the Gestalt.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Dromin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:53 pm

I wanted to chime in here to say yes, I definitely appreciate the effort Pierre has put into what we have so far. I think he has learned a few things in this process, and he should, but we need to be careful that we don't lose sight of what he has accomplished.

There's work to do, but the bones are there. What is done is in the past, and now we can only move forward. As a guy who writes for the enjoyment of others, I have to say that it's tremendously demoralizing to have people tear work apart when they have no idea the amount of research, time, and effort that went into it. So yes - thanks for what we've got so far. I look forward to further updates to the game.
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby LordSith » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:25 pm

I didn't want to state my complaints. I have none personaly because once I noticed the game is not a 1.0 but rather a 0.1 version, I decided to put it in my 2022 list.

But I didn't want to let said that "everything was rightly written and the creator did nothing wrong" because blindness to mistake is foolish.

He aknowledges his mistake so he knows he has failed. As long as that statement was from his heart (and I guess it is) the point is stated and there is no reason to answer. Nor positively nor negatively. This thread was unbalancing so I wrote.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby Clatoo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:41 pm

LordSith wrote:This thread was unbalancing so I wrote.

Dear BlackSith,

First and foremost, I will not reply to any of your future post.
I should not even reply to you right now.

But you clearly made your point numerous time, and I don't understand why you keep on posting on this thread

This is my point of view :

This thread IS MEANT to be unbalanced.
However, this forum IS NOT.

You did not have to intervene in a thread that does not reflect your opinion.
There are countless others, and you can even create your own.
In an ideal world, I wish our conversation could be moved elsewhere.

To me, it feels like I started a thread entitled "For those who love Marmite", and the first post would be from you saying "I don't"

I do believe, as I have already stated, that you are genuinely disappointed.
I do believe that you genuinely felt misled by the description on Kickstarter.
I supported this campaign, because I have faith in its initiator.
He will deliver, no matter what the state of KOTC 2 is in right now.
I personally don't plan to play the game before next year.

All in all, I think your latest post summarize your feeling the best.

The problem I have with your posts, is that, in time, they will attract more negative posts in the ONLY thread that try to support BlueSalamander after the Kickstarter-gate.
I hope that, in the not so distant future, I will read praise for the game from you.

I am done, I believe you are, let's move on.

Thierry
Clatoo
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dickie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:14 pm

Clatoo wrote:As I said, the release is planned for January 2021, I read it when purchasing, and so did all the backers.

I think you misunderstood. The release date for Augury of Chaos is July 2020 in the Kickstarter rewards section. The other release dates were for other modules.

To get on track with the thread, though, I think this game has definite promise. Once some of the glaring bugs are fixed and the encounters are rebalanced (I hope that's in the cards), this will definitely be in my top 10 games of all time. Making parties and deciding what classes, races, feats, etc. to use is so much fun. I like how you have skills/traits that do different things in different situations, like helping out a skeleton or being able to squeeze into a narrow passage. The AI is great, and combat is very fun for the encounters that aren't virtually impossible.
Dickie
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Clatoo » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am

Dickie wrote:I think you misunderstood.

Yes I did. January 2021 is the release of the official guide and other goodies for higher tiers.

I am deeply sorry for that, as I used it as an argument.

Errare humanum est

Thierry
Clatoo
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Theory Execution » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:22 pm

+1

I have had many crashes, but for the stable bits - I have enjoyed it. It is too hard in its current form (I believe you must be a 100% complete to get the XP and Gold to progress. Also, you need a very diverse party.

Tips:
Never quick save / quick load
Never save over an old save
Never cast spells outside of combat
Never run Explorer with a YouTube video running, the game wont work.
You can run Firefox with a YouTube video running
Click on every green option you can (extra XP)
Prepare to die and die often

Running W10 Home on a Y520-15IKBN Lenovo (i5-7300HQ, 32 GB ram)
Theory Execution
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG