A Cheaters guide to the Lower Sewers

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby Aequil » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:37 pm

As all but the craziest players out there, you’ve probably felt that the game is too hard.
I’ll make quick guide on how to cheat here:

•Starting at a higher level: This one will give you a good advantage. Export your characters as they are now (mine where level 3), open the augury of chaos module in the editor, select module settings, and change max level to whatever you want. Presto!

•Money cheating: This is most applicable when it comes to leveling up. Some (most?) of us don’t like the cost of leveling up. To remedy this, download CheatEngine, install, open the Knights of The Chalice II process, search for the numerical value of your gold stash, increase or decrease it, and search again. Soon, you’ll have a single data point containing your gold stash. Edit it as you wish.

•Increasing stats: While playing, open the editor. Open the Item Editor, scroll way down, and find the “Elixir of *stat*”. Choose to place on the map (near you). Save, and then load. Pick up your potions, and drink yourselves happy!
Aequil
Griffon (CR 4)

Advert

Re: A Cheaters guide to the Lower Sewers

Postby Dromin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 pm

If you already have the module open to increase the level eligible, you can also assign starting gold to each character in that same screen.

You can also increase potential party members. I bumped my created characters to eight, maximum to ten.

After all that, and still getting slaughtered a bit later, I also started over and increased the experience award to 2x.
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby jms123 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:39 am

Thanks for posting this. The part about putting items on the map saved me a lot of time when I had to give myself a quest item that I didn't get due to a bug.
jms123
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Corey315 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Great ideas, but it seems like you are selling yourself a bit short. To cheat through a game is OK, but to beat it WITHIN the guidelines and rules set forth, is something that will make you not only a better gamer, but also a better problem solver. I got wasted like the first 10 times I tried the second fight (When you burst through the doors and attack) . Then I learned a bit, applied tactics and barely won, now I can win that fight at a sprint. I just recently did a run-through with a Samurai a Champion a cleric, mage , ranger and thief (who is pretty useless and might have been better to pick up a second caster) I finished the final battle , saved the girl and then was teleported into a CTD, but I felt GOOD about it. Like I EARNED that CTD and wasn't just a free walk into the end zone crash.
Corey315
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Darthcast » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:09 pm

It gets a lot more difficult than that though. I gave myself gold for level up, a resurection scroll and a campfire in the area after the battle you're talking about, because otherwise it would have been impossible to continue...
IMO adding distinct difficulty settings that add more campfires and reduce the level up cost would be really helpful.

Even though I'm now in the next area where I'm wondering again how any (two) characters would survive this. :lol:
Playing KoTC2 on Surface Pro 7 with latest Windows version
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Aequil » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Corey315 wrote:Great ideas, but it seems like you are selling yourself a bit short. To cheat through a game is OK, but to beat it WITHIN the guidelines and rules set forth, is something that will make you not only a better gamer, but also a better problem solver. I got wasted like the first 10 times I tried the second fight (When you burst through the doors and attack) . Then I learned a bit, applied tactics and barely won, now I can win that fight at a sprint. I just recently did a run-through with a Samurai a Champion a cleric, mage , ranger and thief (who is pretty useless and might have been better to pick up a second caster) I finished the final battle , saved the girl and then was teleported into a CTD, but I felt GOOD about it. Like I EARNED that CTD and wasn't just a free walk into the end zone crash.

I understand what you mean, but I think you have the wrong idea of why I play games. It's purely for my own enjoyment, not to challenge myself. I CAN win most of the fights without cheating and with enough reloads, but I don't enjoy it. It's like if I want to shoot hoops with my friends, I don't want one of them to be Michael Jordan, even though I might learn more from the experience. I just want to relax and have fun, and I don't at this difficulty level.
Aequil
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby LordSith » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Besides the game should be playable with sub optimized teams and non initiative roll win... which it isn't. A "reloading" experience is not a fun game.
OS: windows 10, 64bits, family edition. Current version 10.0.19041
Playing KOTC v1.03 as of 24 july.
LordSith
Planetar (CR 16)

Postby rpgguy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Shift + W + I + N
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG