[bug]enemy's action stuck and game has to be reload

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi,

I noticed twice in the fight with the big 3x3 scorpion in the west corridor after the fight with goblins, that some creature starts an action (this time it was "dispel magic (wizard)" and the game is stuck.
Nothing happens.

Can't play anymore, as during an enemy turn, but with an enemy which never ends his action (nor start it, for what is worth).

Only solution is to quick load.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: [bug]enemy's action stuck and game has to be reload

Postby jms123 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:18 pm

1.03 introduced a bug where numerous enemies crash or hang attempting certain spells or abilities. It is throughout the game. It has been posted also multiple times in the other long bugs thread. If you are going to try to get through the game on 1.03 you'll have to disable (e.g. confuse, etc.) or kill certain enemies that tend to crash as quickly as possible, and reload even more than usual. It is very possible you will get close to the end of a very long fight only to have it crash on you, multiple times. So it requires a lot of patience. It can also make fights harder because you have to change tactics in order to try to avoid this problem. You can read some of my posts in the bug thread about how I dealt with this problem for one or two specific fights. I managed to get through the end of the high sewers and the entire final area with this bug but it was annoying.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby LordSith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:26 pm

... ok thanks.

I tried this weekend playing the game because man the potential it has is huge. So much classes, options, choices, spells...

But the crashes are one thing, and the difficulty is another thing.

I hope the team will fix all of this soon. It already has been 1 month that the game is released and it's not yet stable :(.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:07 am

I notice that when the game is stuck like that, it's not while "(thinking)" but really when he starts a casting. Like here:

The enemy mage apparently wanted to dispel, i guess target is one of my stinking fog or the plague insect from druid I just cast on previous action.

I noted (if useful and or related to this) that the plague spell did only 2 or 3 hits on all enemies which are inside, so many enemies did not get their "damaged" moment (in my druid turn).

Edit hu i notice the uploader i use do lower the resolution :/ I'll try to find another one. I edited the link above to another image upload service.

https://imgur.com/a/Q72LLR1

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:59 am

Another case: when an environmental effect is stuck.
See here:
https://imgur.com/a/MAJmiK5

The game is stuck when my warrior (invisible in that frame?) is hit by the fire environmental effect => reload needed.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 pm

https://imgur.com/a/DmqbUKv

same issue. The enemy got stucK
Since I had perhaps not enough time to end the fight, i'm not very sad but... the fight went so well :(

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Another: ennemy AOO is a "disarm" reaction if i have rightly understood what happened on my rogue with a bow attack.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG