A word of gratitude and a little question

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby Agetian » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:50 am

Dear Pierre,
First of all, I'd like to express my gratitude for making such an amazing game, for seeing the project through to its current stage, and for continuing to improve the game, to fix the issues and to work on the Kickstarter targets! This is definitely one of the most amazing old-school, classic CRPG projects I've seen to date. I saw that quite a lot of people expressed criticism towards the state of the game at the initial release time, but personally, I didn't really expect it to be a fully polished experience right away, and I supported the effort realizing that most likely the game will take a while to stabilize and polish. I want to say that I don't regret a single dollar spent on the project, and I'm looking forward to all the improvements and advancements in KotC 2 that are to come in the upcoming years! Keep up the great work, and good luck! I'll actually consider buying an extra copy of both KotC and KotC2 over at GoG as a gift for a friend and as an additional sign of support once the game goes live there.

Now, the question part. I'm more than interested in the module-making side of KotC2, and more than once have I started the integrated Module Editor and dabbled with a few things here and there. I understand that there's a technical help system integrated (which I still need to finish reading), and there's a forum over here that I've seen already that has some little bits and pieces regarding module editing, but I haven't found any systematic description of the editor that would provide an introduction to the process and maybe a tutorial of sorts as to how to make a small module, maybe as simple as a two-map dungeon crawl where you'd proceed from one map to another killing stuff and completing a simple item fetch quest or whatever... Is there anything of the sorts at the moment, or is it maybe planned as a part of the upcoming KotC2 manual? So far, I was able to figure out how to import my map background and sort of how to lay out the terrain over the backdrop, but everything that's connected with the module dynamics - e.g. how to properly start a module, make an introductory window or dialog or something, how to introduce scripted dialog and quest sequences into the game - is pretty much a mystery for me :) At any rate, maybe I'm missing something really obvious, or maybe it's already planned for the future, so just asking :)

Once again, thank you very much for developing KotC 2, and best of luck the rest of the way!
Agetian
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Re: A word of gratitude and a little question

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Hello Agetian :)

Thank you so much for the praise and support!
I haven't found any systematic description of the editor that would provide an introduction to the process and maybe a tutorial of sorts as to how to make a small module, maybe as simple as a two-map dungeon crawl where you'd proceed from one map to another killing stuff and completing a simple item fetch quest or whatever... Is there anything of the sorts at the moment, or is it maybe planned as a part of the upcoming KotC2 manual? So far, I was able to figure out how to import my map background and sort of how to lay out the terrain over the backdrop, but everything that's connected with the module dynamics - e.g. how to properly start a module, make an introductory window or dialog or something, how to introduce scripted dialog and quest sequences into the game - is pretty much a mystery for me
Yes, I will do something for that. Most likely some extra text in the PDF Guidebook; perhaps something in the tutorial module too. Thank you for listing some of the topics that I will need to cover. Cheers!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG