Gandalf's Encounters - KotC2 Module

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Postby 123 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:35 am

Hey guys,

Gandalf's Encounters is a module for the game Knights of the Chalice 2 that I'm working on since October 2023.
It's old-school style with a heavy emphasis on combat.

Only the most hardcore players will manage to complete it.

I invite you to play the current version, which is available for download at this link (please scroll the page down):

https://gandalfsencounters.itch.io/gandalfsencounters

Are you up to the challenge? I hope you decide to play it!

----------------------

Playing advise:

Play the game in Challenge Mode (Normal) with the token view enabled.

Adjust the volume of the music to your liking.

Happy adventuring!
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Advert

Re: Gandalf's Encounters - KotC2 Module

Postby Dorateen » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:30 pm

I recommend this module to anyone looking for more Knights of the Chalice 2 content to explore. I am working through it now, and the stand out feature to me has been a massive dungeon that is a challenge to survive.

Thanks, Gandalf for making this one!
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:01 pm

Thank you so much Gandalf, congratulations!!

I concur about the massive dungeon which can be very challenging at times for the following reasons:

1) Very low level of the player's party when you go through the dungeon (level one or two)
2) Limited resting, with a one-time use available only at specific places - but I've found that the resting opportunities were sufficient.
3) Very limited availability of weapons and armour (not for the enemies, though)

The climax being, in my opinion, a certain fight against a bunch of really tough foes that cast Acid Fog on your party!!

Needless to say, the Cleric Domains that summon a creature are very useful, and so are characters with the feat Improved Trip.

I've mentioned Gandalf's Encounters in the latest Kickstarter update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/4054208

Cheers! Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby feanor89 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:39 am

Hi 123, thank you for making this new module.

I'm experiencing what I think is a bug: in the Flower Forest Map I cannot do anything besides collecting the roses (9 in total) and find the "empty spaces" and I'm not able to exit the map. I used the module editor and discovered that there should be a trader, an encounter and the activable border zone to exit the map, but I'm not able to access any of this. I even started a new game to see if it was different, but it is not.
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby 123 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:47 pm

feanor89 wrote:Hi 123, thank you for making this new module.

I'm experiencing what I think is a bug: in the Flower Forest Map I cannot do anything besides collecting the roses (9 in total) and find the "empty spaces" and I'm not able to exit the map. I used the module editor and discovered that there should be a trader, an encounter and the activable border zone to exit the map, but I'm not able to access any of this. I even started a new game to see if it was different, but it is not.

Hey feanor89, thanks for checking out the module.

If you're having trouble getting out of the Flower Forest, it means there are still a few "empty spaces" left to find. There are 10 of them to be found.
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Postby feanor89 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

123 wrote:
feanor89 wrote:Hi 123, thank you for making this new module.

Hey feanor89, thanks for checking out the module.

If you're having trouble getting out of the Flower Forest, it means there are still a few "empty spaces" left to find. There are 10 of them to be found.

Hi 123, thank you for the quick reply, I found them and the merchant appeared.
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation