Loading Bug with custom module

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Postby ProfessionalTD » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:39 pm

Hello.

I have no idea whether this is a new bug since the last update or if it's even being read in the Steam forum. However, it seems that the game crashes when loading a custom module. A workaround for this is to first load the official module, switch to the main menu, and then load your custom module. A solution to this issue would be desirable to avoid the annoying intermediate steps. Thank you.

Steam-Link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1233530/discussions/0/6957562508419896410/

Edit:
By the way, the mentioned custom module is a very simple map, on which there is only a starting point for the player character and an enemy. So nothing elaborate or anything, which is why it should essentially be a fundamental bug with all newly created custom modules.
ProfessionalTD
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Re: Loading Bug with custom module

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:05 pm

Hello ProfessionalTD :)

Thank you for posting and the bug report. Yes, I'm aware of that bug, it happens in version 1.66 when a map has zero activable zones. My apologies for that! :oops:

Version 1.67 will have the fix. It should be coming soon, I've only delayed it because I wanted to add some more stuff.

You can read the latest Kickstarter update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3976636

(The previous update mentioned the bug.)

Thank you!! Best wishes 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation