Scripting target question

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Postby kai » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:17 pm

What are valid options for script action {Character name} in case I want to use the current selected char?
kai
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Scripting target question

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:54 am

My apologies for replying late. :oops:

Normally, you'd use either {PARTY LEADER} or {AVATAR}.

Alternatively, if it's a character to be selected by the player during the dialogue, you would save the name of the selected character in a variable, then use {Selected Character} if you've named the variable Selected Character.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby kai » Wed May 01, 2024 3:24 pm

Sorry to revisit it. just for context: I'm trying to create a script that restore a single spell level by expending health from the caster.
my understanding is that script currently need to be attached to an item (since we cant create feats at this time). the problem I'm having is with the targeting of the script . I want it to execute against the char with the item (not party leader) and not all party. any suggestion what should I use for target for the script?
kai
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon May 06, 2024 3:29 pm

Oh I see, thank you.

I've just added the possibility to retrieve the name of the item user or caster, for version 1.71. It will be set through the script command that you can use to set in a variable the party's gold, level, etc. You'll just have to select "Name of the item user or caster".

During combat, using that same script command, you can already select "Name of the acting character, if the acting character is a party member". But I don't think that will work out of combat.

Finally, you could allow the player to select the target character out of all the party members.

Thank you! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation