Demo v1.36, Full v1.36

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Demo v1.06, Full v1.06

Postby Pod » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 pm

How do I get back to the download page? I can't find a link :(

Ahh, in the email. I thought there would be one on the main page.
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Don't worry about the counter. Whenever there's a new version I check them out and reset those that are near 10.

Thank you for your purchase and supportive comment fullerena!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby skavenhorde » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:40 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you for your purchase and supportive comment fullerena!

Hey, I bought it too and posted some screenshots over at rpgwatch for their games list. :P
Seriously though great game. Even with the controversial font that I think everyone is crazy for thinking it's hard to read. It brought back a lot of memories for me.

What impresses me the most about this game is how well you programmed the AI. Wizards actually use spells that make sense and fighters don't just go charging in.

What freaked me out a little is one of the tactics I've been using is my wizard first casts web. Fighters pepper the bad guys with arrows while my wizard casts concealment/polymorph into spider. Then he goes in there and takes out the rest one bad guy at a time. Well, I just had the AI do the exact same tactic to me (those bastards). But they did it better. They had sleep arrows where I was just using normal ones....

Best AI I've seen in years. I don't know how you did it, but I'm glad you made this game. It's tons of fun.
skavenhorde
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Ubbax » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:51 am

No, no, no what are you doing! I doth protest vehemently..
We as gamers are not accustom to such prompt service and ease of patch retrieval/implementation.
Besides how will we ever report things or have an opportunity to complain if you address issues before we get those chances ;)

Really though thanks for the patch; came just in time as I've decided to try a new party group.
I suppose I should also thank you for a fun filled, addicting game as well.
Who cares that there's a Do Not Disturb sign on my now locked door and it's preventing me from from tending to more important things :D

Ubbax
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek instead what they sought" - Lao Tzu
Ubbax
Lizardman (CR 1)

Postby getter77 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Probably should mention the patches and perhaps the changelog on the Announcements page for newcomers and/or people not checking out the forums for whatever reason. Lots of improvements since the last news item in the section afteall! :lol:
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.07, Full v1.07

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:09 pm

The latest version is 1.07. Click here to see the list of changes.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.08, Full v1.08

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:28 pm

BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.08, Full v1.08

Postby Pod » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:57 pm

FYI: I've overwritten the save I had in the slave town, so I can't check the city guard. :(

Assume it's fixed until someone else mentions it ;)

cheers for the upgrade!
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.08, Full v1.09

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:59 pm

1.09: Here's another minor update mainly to correct bugs in the final battle.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.08, Full v1.09

Postby Demiath » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Note to Demiath: By clicking your level in the character sheet, then clicking “Level Drain” in the modifier screen for Level, it will bring you to a screen explaining the origin of the effect (in your case, the weapon). You can then click the weapon’s name to be taken to the weapon screen.

But that's the way it was in earlier versions too, right? I clicked through those screens while initially investigating the Level Drain condition; It just didn't occur to me that the Blight Dagger description I read had something to do with what I was currently having equipped (and I'm certainly not blaming the interface for my own failure to put 2 and 2 together...).
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG