Demo v1.36, Full v1.36

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Demo v1.10, Full v1.10

Postby Darkion » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Darkion, I've just tried clicking the list of basic weapons and haven't experienced any freeze. Do you mean a slowdown or a crash?

I mean a total freeze of the game and I just tried repeatedly and happens each time. Here's how it goes for me, in the Main Menu I click on Display Help, I click on Weapons and Armors then on List of Basic Weapons. Clicking on any weapon name freezes the game leaving the game up, but the cursor is frozen in place where I clicked and I have no option but to bring up Task Manager and end the game from there.
Darkion
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:29 pm

Yep, just fixed it. It's because the game hasn't loaded the weapons yet so it can't display info about them.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Darkion » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:50 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Yep, just fixed it. It's because the game hasn't loaded the weapons yet so it can't display info about them.

You're quick! :)

I was just thinking it might be something like that. It looks like it triggered in my game because I had decided to start a new party, so I made a backup of the Save folder and deleted all the savegames in the game from the Load Screen. I guess the game didn't like that.
Darkion
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm not sure, though, if I've encountered a bug after playing with the new version for a few minutes. I loaded from a previous save made under 1.09, in the Keep, then headed to the Mountain Pass, fought a couple battles, then at the conclusion of one, I can't move my group. If I click to walk, the screen turns black (like it's centered on an unexplored portion of the map, maybe?) and the cursor shows "no walk". If I re-center the screen and try again, same happens. I saved the game, exited the game, restarted and reloaded, and now my party doesn't even show up on the map at all. Will re-load from a previous save and see what's up.
Did one of the characters go unconscious in the fight with the centipedes?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby dainesr » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:34 am

I like what you've done with getting the characters to move to an item to pick things up. Very helpful. I still can't figure out what this means though:

13) Using the ALT key, you can more easily review items found on the floor after a fight. (I tried several systems with the ALT key and I like this one best).

ALT doesn't seem to do anything for me
dainesr
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Panthera » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:53 am

Hello! I've been having a great time with the full game, but I've been running into some freezing issues since the 1.10 patch. The cursor will disappear. Sometimes it'll come back, sometimes it won't, and I have to load - save game will be grayed out, strangely.

Also, I've noticed that the party names to drag the items on will be erased by the item list pop up, so I sometimes have to scroll before I can pick stuff up.
Panthera
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby xalles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:25 am

dainesr wrote:ALT doesn't seem to do anything for me

It's kind of subtle, but pressing ALT (in 1.10) while the mouse is hovering over any loot pile will force that pile's item list to show, even if there's a different item list showing beforehand. A pretty big improvement to looting IMHO, once you know it's there. ;)
What's with people who answer their own questions? I guess they're just stupid.
xalles
Fire Giant (CR 10)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.11, Full v1.11

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 am

Here's another small update mainly to remove the problem with multiple attacks.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.12, Full v1.12

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Here's version 1.12.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.13, Full v1.13

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Here is a new update which adds an expanded tooltip and fixes problems brought to my attention in the last few days.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG