Bought the game, loving it, and a pile of thoughts

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Bought the game, loving it, and a pile of thoughts

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks Xalles, more issues to fix!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 pm

I noticed the following: Knight shoots Sleep-arrows at a giant (he has 4 attacks) , after being hit by the first arrow the giant fails the save and falls asleep, but of course you can't cancel the attack now and switch arrows - so the knight shoots the next arrow - this time the sleeping Giants makes his save and awakens again. Intended?
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Intended if you use the quicker way of attacking, a direct left click on target. To avoid this just target your attacks one by one by selecting "Shoot" in the combat action menu.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Should it really be that way? Another scenario: 2 golems had a paralyzing attack (iirc), my wizard failed the save on the first one and gets paralyzed. The other golems does the same, this time the wizard - already paralyzed - makes his save, but being paralyzed gets not canceled... as it should be. With arrows it's the same, each arrow cast a sleep spell on the target, only because you make the save vs the second arrow it doesn't mean the failed save vs the first arrow should be forgotten.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes, but it goes like this:

- first arrow strikes and makes you fall asleep

- second arrow strikes and it wakes you up.

Any damage received by a sleeping creature awakens the creature.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 pm

some_name wrote:Glitch- Can't cast mind blank on a dominated ally (game says that it's "not an ally").
I have tried today and it worked fine. You can cast mind blank on a dominated creature.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

BlueSalamander, I just noticed that if you're slowed you cannot cast spells that require a full round action. Is this normal or am I missing some rule again?
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 pm

I just noticed that if you're slowed you cannot cast spells that require a full round action
I don't know about the OGL/SRD on this, but it is normal behaviour for the game. You need a complete full round to cast these spells.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Ok then, here's another question: I have a +5 sword, holy, axiomatic, thundering. I just noticed while killing ghouls, that only the first 2 additional damages get applied. Does the game only take 2 add. forms of damage into account? Or have ghouls sonic resistance? They don't have that listed in feats.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

If I remember correctly, thundering damage only applies when you succeed on a critical hit. I think ghouls are immune to criticals.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG