Demo v1.36, Full v1.36

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Demo v1.13, Full v1.13

Postby Gragt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 pm

A small annoyance I noticed in the last version: Automatic End of Turn will seems to be always on, even if you change the setting. Actually, the setting will turn back on if you restart the game. I noticed that if you turn it off and then save the game, it will stay that way when you load the game again, but the game will still end turns automatically instead of waiting for you to manually end it by pressing space. It makes me lose the opportunity to take a 5-foot step after a full attack, which shouldn't happen if I am correct.

Other than that, the game is kickass.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Gragt
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Hello Gragt, the game options are saved with the saved games, that is why all the settings are updated only when you load a game.

Regarding taking a five-foot step after an attack, the most flexible way to do this is to select "attack" in the combat-actions menu. Then you will be able to direct each attack independently and after each attack you will be able to take your five foot step. The game won't automatically end the turn.

It's only if you do a direct left-click on a creature to attack, that the game will assume that you just want to do all your attacks and then end the turn.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Gragt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Yeah, I found out, but it is annoying that there is no shortcut for this particular action because it forces me to open the menu everytime and mouse over it then click the enemy.

I figured that the game saved settings with save games and it was normal behaviour, but thanks for the confirmation. Weirdly enough, after switching the option on and off again, now it indeed does wait for me to press space (most of the time), the way I want it ... I'd try to wonder why it didn't one hour ago but I imagine it involves some voodoo elements.
Gragt
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.14, Full v1.14

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:39 pm

I have just uploaded version 1.14. It improves the AI slightly, adds a shortcut for selling and corrects a bug with magic missile.

See here the list of changes.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.15, Full v1.15

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Here's another small update.

Edit: I have just updated the How to Play and Screenshots sections of the website.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Gragt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:04 am

BlueSalamander wrote:3) Added Shift+A and Shift+S shortcuts to attack or shoot with player control returned after each attack.

Thanks! May your house prosper with many beautiful servants.
Gragt
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 am

Gragt wrote:May your house prosper with many beautiful servants.
Yes please! Lots of sweet minions... :lol:

I've added a new Praise from Players section in the website.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.16, Full v1.16

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Here's another small upgrade.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Demo v1.16, Full v1.16

Postby Darkion » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:42 am

Great news on the new patch! Now I'll finally be able to run my four Wizards IronMan party... once I take a brief vacation... I think I have a slight Gnolls/Dragons allergy thing going on...I wonder why... ;)
Darkion
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.17, Full v1.17

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Here is another upgrade to correct the effect of negative levels and a few other things.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG