Bought the game, loving it, and a pile of thoughts

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Bought the game, loving it, and a pile of thoughts

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:58 am

Enervation doesn't seem to decrease the saving throws of the level-drained creature, contrary to the description. The drained AB for instance get's correctly listed, not so saving throws. Even if you drained 15lvl from a giant he will still happily make his Fortitude saves...
Last edited by VentilatorOfDoom on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks VoD, I will look into it.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:26 am

Maybe you should also introduce slaying bolts. I mean Bows are already superior, but with crossbows you don't even have speshul effects arrows, eh bolts i mean. (I have 2 clerics, 2 wizards currently hence I mention it).

One thing I don't like: Righteous Might makes you... just too big. Your other party members will be pushed aside, it will f*ck up your party formation and more often than not you can't even reach where you wanted to go or attack, because you're just too big. Which leads us to another topic, tiny, small, narrow corridors in dungeons that make navigating your party... difficult. Sure it's not quite as bad as say the Ulcaster school in BG, but I don't like that at all. That's actually a detail I liked in ToEE, corridors in the dungeons like in the temple where broad enough to make navigating your party convinient. Maybe something to keep in mind for future games.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Cleric spell list is a bit... small. I have an idea, how about Mass Greater Protection from Evil, could be lvl 7/8 or so.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Another thing: why doesn't Scorching ray upgrade, I thought you would normally get additional rays at higher levels, making this spell one of the few low level spells that retain a certain use even at higher levels...
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:34 pm

These are all good ideas for a sequel. I agree on the small corridors and the 'enlarged' problem.

PS- don't forget you can edit your posts at any time if you want to add something.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Pod » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:25 pm

VentilatorOfDoom wrote:Cleric spell list is a bit... small. I have an idea, how about Mass Greater Protection from Evil, could be lvl 7/8 or so.

Speaking of this: There are too few clreic spells for the lower levels. I don't know a lot of the lvl1/2 spells, even though I know practically all of 4+! :) You'd think I'd know how to do some of those crap lvl1 spells given that I can do the "mass greater" versions of them, etc.
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Darkion » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 am

One thing I would love to see in a future game is more love for the poor neglected crossbows. Bows get to have Sleep arrows and eight different flavors of Slaying arrows while crossbows have plain old bolts. Since crossbows are slower and need constant reloading having at least a couple of magic bolts would be great for their morale.
Darkion
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby erkper » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:23 am

Darkion wrote:One thing I would love to see in a future game is more love for the poor neglected crossbows. Bows get to have Sleep arrows and eight different flavors of Slaying arrows while crossbows have plain old bolts. Since crossbows are slower and need constant reloading having at least a couple of magic bolts would be great for their morale.

Amen. Crossbows really get the short end compared to regular bows. Putting a repeating X-bow in might be nice, too.
erkper
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby erkper » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Finally beat the game - very tough final battles! After breezing through most of the Giant strongholds, I thought the worst of the game was over - until I went down the stairs in Venicia!

One very minor thing I noticed [Spoiler Alert!] -

When you use the key to open the Princess' cell, the text states you took the key off the Dragon's body, but IIRC you actually found it in his treasure room after fighting the lich.
erkper
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG