more...

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

more...

Postby screeg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:07 am

IMO, Water Elementals should be able to walk freely on water tiles (maze beneath Taneliz).
Vanity line of Lieutenant in Taneliz mentions Tresspassing(spelling).
Can't a Wizard use a shield and still cast spells with his right hand? Does he need Shield Proficiency or is this against the rules? It's a Mithril shield with 0 Spell Penalty.
Ran into four high level, half-elf wizards outside of Taneliz. When I had killed them, TEN chests appeared loaded with good stuff. I summoned three Water Elementals during combat, don't know if that would have anything to do with it.
Loot from above-ground Treasury in Taneliz included some multiple-gem finds, but when I went to sell them I only had one of each kind.
I couldn't deactivate x2 walking speed without deactivating accelerated combat as well.
----
opinion: I'd like to see some chance of not evading random wilderness encounters. Could make trekking back to camp from a dungeon more interesting.
-----
screeg
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

more...

Advert

Re: more...

Postby crpgnut » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:08 am

I carried a shield and cast spells during a good portion of the game, so that's definitely doable. Not sure about the rest of your points, Screeg. I'm sure glad I gave this game a chance, even though I normally don't like AD&D turn-based combat. This is the first game that simplified the million rules-set of D&D into some enjoyable combat. Kudos to the Salamander.
crpgnut
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby erkper » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 am

I just saw an odd one: I was in the bonus final battle and one of the troll shamans cast a mass heal - which healed a vampire of 148 pts of damage. Am I mistaken in thinking a mass heal should not actually heal a vampire? If anything, it should damage him - but I thought I saw that you can't use mass heal on undead at all...
erkper
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Darthcast » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

I've seen a Lich having a feat that let him use healing magic to heal himself... Maybe the vampire had that too?
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:19 pm

I thought I spotted a vampire who cast Harm on himself to heal up.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm

screeg wrote:TEN chests appeared loaded with good stuff.
This can happen. They just have lots of stuff.

Vanity line of Lieutenant in Taneliz mentions Tresspassing(spelling).
Loot from above-ground Treasury in Taneliz included some multiple-gem finds, but when I went to sell them I only had one of each kind.
I couldn't deactivate x2 walking speed without deactivating accelerated combat as well.
I will look into these.

I'd like to see some chance of not evading random wilderness encounters
Could be made into an extra gameplay option. I guess a 25% chance to fail would do.

Can't a Wizard use a shield and still cast spells with his right hand?
He needs a free hand. Either the left one or the right one.

erkper wrote:one of the troll shamans cast a mass heal - which healed a vampire of 148 pts of damage.
The vampire should have been damaged (though ideally the AI won't target a mass heal onto an allied vampire). I will look into it.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby erkper » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:54 pm

One more question from what I observed in that fight: I saw a golem get caught in a fireball from the lich. He was healed by the fire, naturally - but he ended up with 60+ more HP than his normal max. Is this as intended? I thought iron golems could only be healed to full HP by fire "damage".
erkper
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Darthcast » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:51 pm

I also saw this, but it was me who casted the fireballs. Many of them... didn't know they heal golems. :mrgreen:
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Narsham » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:11 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:
I'd like to see some chance of not evading random wilderness encounters
Could be made into an extra gameplay option. I guess a 25% chance to fail would do.

How about having a percent chance of surprise in those random encounters? You could surprise an enemy, or vice versa. Tweak the chances if there's a druid or ranger in the party. If you're surprised by a random encounter, you have to fight.

I've seen the Troll Mass Heal damage its vampire buddy in that fight, as it should. That's an anomaly for how the Mass Heal/Harm spells were originally designed, IMO. Since you can choose targets, Mass Heal should affect all allies healed by curing and all enemies damaged by healing in its area, while Mass Harm should affect all enemies not healed by inflict effects and all allies healed by inflict effects in its area.
Narsham
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Pod » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:46 pm

FYI: After about level 5, I found the random encotuners quite annoying. I'd always just flee from them, because it wasn't worth mytime. But when you get 20 or so crossing from one side of the map to another, they ge on my nerves :S Why is a 20 man party of level 3 thugs challenging my 4, lvl20 heros? One fireballs and poof.
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG