A summary of differences from OGL

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: A summary of differences from OGL

Postby Noumenon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Maybe change the name of the menu command to Attack + Move? My assumption is that a click and a keyboard shortcut will do the same thing, only with different input devices. (My solution would be to get rid of the "faster" click-skips-your-move solution because having to think about whether to use the keyboard uses up the saved time.)
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Maybe change the name of the menu command to Attack + Move?
Yeah, good idea.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Noumenon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:05 am

But there's not much room to add "+ Move" on the line because you have the "Attack 01/02" on there, and the 01/02 is a good UI choice I'd hate to lose.
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Narsham » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Noumenon wrote:Maybe change the name of the menu command to Attack + Move? My assumption is that a click and a keyboard shortcut will do the same thing, only with different input devices. (My solution would be to get rid of the "faster" click-skips-your-move solution because having to think about whether to use the keyboard uses up the saved time.)

Might there be a way to make the Shift <a> and Shift <r> shortcuts more intuitive? Can the interface support a shift-click? You could make "click to attack" = full attack on target, end turn afterwards, while "shift-click" takes attacks one at a time and allows a move afterward (or during, in some cases).
Narsham
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Ikarius » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:10 pm

I like that suggestion!
Ikarius
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 pm

The shift thing: Yes, possibly in the next update. Attack+Move could be displayed when you have only one attack. When you have several it would display "1/2".
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Noumenon » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Behavior of normal AoOs (I think): Each ranged attack from a threatened square provokes an AoO.

Behavior of game:
1) If you make four ranged attacks against two targets, you'll provoke on the first one against each target, but not the others.
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Actually by the rules, you can only get one AoO for one kind of action. While you can get an AoO for one ranged attack and then for movement, you cannot get two for two ranged attacks in the same round.

If what you propose worked then circling around you target in melee would provoke multiple AoO from that target.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Noumenon » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:36 pm

The SRD rules document has a specific line about moving in circles around a target,

This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn’t count as more than one opportunity for that opponent.

But I would figure that anything else would provoke one time per try. eg, if you tried to sunder someone's weapon with each attack in a full attack action, he could have four opportunity attacks. (Assuming Combat Reflexes.)
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Noumenon wrote:Behavior of game:
1) If you make four ranged attacks against two targets, you'll provoke on the first one against each target, but not the others.
Did they have combat reflexes and enough dexterity for more than one AOO though?
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG