Suggestions for the 1.19 or later

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Archangel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:55 am

There are things I would like to see implemented/changed if possible:
1. In the combat log total attack rolls says +X (+20 or +25) while it should says x+y where x is a roll on d20 while y is the total attack bonus for that attack. AC is also written as +X where X is the total AC of the target being attacked. It should just say AC X (it says like that in the text about the confirmation of the critical).

2. In the action bar I would like to see some shortcuts assigned to single attacks(actions like shoot or attack or attack 01 of 02 and so on). Maybe these attacks have shortcuts but they are not highlighted. Because if I do not use these action while I have a move action still left I lose the move action by just clicking on the opponent.
I wish if we could set up in the settings that single attacks (melee or ranged) that do not use up our move action automatically that we have left afterwards can be set as default action for the left click instead of what we have now.
Many times I would shoot the crossbow at the enemy by left clicking and not a get a chance to reload it afterwards. And I need to click on shoot each time because there is no shortcut highlighted.

3. I wish some left out feats can be put back in: Power attack, combat expertise and rapid shot. You could put them as options on the bar that we turn on at the beggining of the round (before we do our first attack) and each of them give a condition until the beggining of the next round. Similar to the way Pathfinder done it you can make power attack and combat expertise give fixed penalty to attack and a bonus to damage/AC based on its user current Base attack bonus.

4. Is is possible for you to implement that same conditions override each other if it would give a better bonus?
Like the game would not allow me to cast Shield of Faith that gives +3 deflection on a character that has +1 Ring of Deflection. Or a character wearing +1 bracers of armor cannot receive Mage Armor spell.
Also having cast Mage Armor spell I could not put Bracers of Armor+1 on my character. It would be cool if you could implement that these kind of things could be used at the same time but only the bigger bonus works.
I had also happen to me that I could not cast Heroism on my fighter because he had Bless on (and Heroism is much better and really should not be stopped by Bless).
Also at lvl 6 Divine Favor becomes good but since I cast Prayer 2 rounds earlier Divine Favor would not activate on that character.
Even worse the guy would cast the spells and waste my action but I would get no effect from it :(
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Suggestions for the 1.19 or later

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Archangel wrote:1. In the combat log total attack rolls says +X (+20 or +25) while it should says x+y where x is a roll on d20 while y is the total attack bonus for that attack. AC is also written as +X where X is the total AC of the target being attacked. It should just say AC X (it says like that in the text about the confirmation of the critical).
Possible in a future update. Xalles requested it earlier, too.

Archangel wrote:2. In the action bar I would like to see some shortcuts assigned to single attacks(actions like shoot or attack or attack 01 of 02 and so on). Maybe these attacks have shortcuts but they are not highlighted. Because if I do not use these action while I have a move action still left I lose the move action by just clicking on the opponent.
I wish if we could set up in the settings that single attacks (melee or ranged) that do not use up our move action automatically that we have left afterwards can be set as default action for the left click instead of what we have now.
Many times I would shoot the crossbow at the enemy by left clicking and not a get a chance to reload it afterwards. And I need to click on shoot each time because there is no shortcut highlighted.
It's an idea for a new game option. Meanwhile, use Shift+A as a shortcut for the Attack action, and Shift+S as a shortcut for the Shoot action. These are mentioned in the game's help.

Archangel wrote:3. I wish some left out feats can be put back in: Power attack, combat expertise and rapid shot
I'm not interested in Power Attack and Combat Expertise. Rapid Shot, maybe in the next game.

Archangel wrote:4. Is is possible for you to implement that same conditions override each other if it would give a better bonus?
Not really, that's too complicated.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Darthcast » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Really?!
No combat expertise in the sequel?! :shock:
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 am

BlueSalamander wrote:
Archangel wrote:4. Is is possible for you to implement that same conditions override each other if it would give a better bonus?
Not really, that's too complicated.

I do not know how you exactly structured your code or in what language you did it, but to me this looks like putting an additional If..else.. or two.

For instance +2 deflection ring and Shield of Faith. Checking +2 from the ring with the caster lvl of the spell. If the caster lvl is 6 or higher let that spell take effect and not the ring.

Personally I find it irritating needing to remove Belt of strength +4 from my clerics to cast Divine Power.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Darthcast wrote:No combat expertise in the sequel?!
That's right ;) I don't like it, I don't add it.

Archangel wrote:Personally I find it irritating needing to remove Belt of strength +4 from my clerics to cast Divine Power.
Me too, but it's not just an extra if...else, far from it. There are a lot of effects that could be combined. Everytime the game needs to take account of a particular condition or bonus it would have to go through the whole list to determine which effect gives the maximum value. For Damage Reduction, the game would need to apply the appropriate DR even if it's not the highest one. And for the AI, it's simpler to just look if a bonus is there already, as opposed to having to check whether a spell is going to give a bigger bonus. Still, I may look at it again in another game.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Archangel » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 am

Well, it would be cool if it can be implemented for some most used effect like deflection, strength boosts (almost all clerics in all games are going to be casting Divine Power sooner or later as the lack of offensive spells leaves clerics with no other options). I also noticed after casting bless I could not put heroism or greater heroism on any of my characters. Divine Favor will not work with Prayer active.

I think these are most common cases. Fixing these would go a long way to help us :)
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG