Epic optional locations/encounters

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Postby Fourier » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:50 pm

sup. a big fan of KotC1 here.

One thing to spice the game up would be to introduce optional dungeons/encounters that are not intended to be easily beaten by a regular(even a final boss ready) party. Maybe some obscure multi-floor dungeon thats only mentioned in few npc conversations that would take some effort to find. Where even the first-floor would offer the challenge(and rewards) of the greater difficulty than a final boss encounter. Perhaps to offset the difficulty differences, once you clear the entire place, there would be a trigger that would change the final-boss encounter accordingly(giving him additional powers/allies).
Fourier
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Advert

Re: Epic optional locations/encounters

Postby Narsham » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Fourier wrote:One thing to spice the game up would be to introduce optional dungeons/encounters that are not intended to be easily beaten by a regular(even a final boss ready) party.

Have you tried talking with the commander of the knights after finishing the final boss? That will trigger an optional encounter of the sort you're requesting.
Narsham
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:27 am

A little off topic. I noticed the commander is a lvl 23 character. Can anyone remind me why does he send YOU to do this quest?
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 am

How much fun would it be to stand in his room while he plays the game?
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 am

VentilatorOfDoom wrote:How much fun would it be to stand in his room while he plays the game?

That is not a valid explanation :D OK the first quest is not for him. Commanders usually do not go around looking for single missing soldiers that might just got drunk.
But when the bigger picture shows itself and the giants come into the play, I think that becomes his problem. I would say by that time he should have been missing from the tower on some important quest. And he would get back only after you defeat the last boss :)
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to Ideas for KotC 2