First thing I noticed

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: First thing I noticed

Postby Archangel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Casting with the light shield hand will most likely be allowed in the next game. Otherwise, there's not enough difference between heavy and light shield.
As for casting while wielding a 2-handed weapon, you're right too.
Using the inventory will probably take a standard action, cut to a move action with a feat.

I would suggest leaving it a move action and with quickdraw a free action but removing the immunity to AoO. It would be best if the game could do AoO after you return from the inventory screen and follow what you done while you were there.Just equiping a weapon or a shield or a wand should not provoke AoO, but almost anything else should (removing/equiping armors, removing weapons or shields from the hand).
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby Archangel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 am

You could also try to implement shield bashing in the next game so there will be a bigger difference between shields :D
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Narsham » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Archangel wrote:
BlueSalamander wrote:Casting with the light shield hand will most likely be allowed in the next game. Otherwise, there's not enough difference between heavy and light shield.
As for casting while wielding a 2-handed weapon, you're right too.
Using the inventory will probably take a standard action, cut to a move action with a feat.

I would suggest leaving it a move action and with quickdraw a free action but removing the immunity to AoO. It would be best if the game could do AoO after you return from the inventory screen and follow what you done while you were there.Just equiping a weapon or a shield or a wand should not provoke AoO, but almost anything else should (removing/equiping armors, removing weapons or shields from the hand).

Or simply implement two different sorts of actions: Inventory actions, which allow unlimited inventory reshuffling, equipping and unequipping but provoke AoOs, and Equip weapon actions, which only permit adding or removing an item to left or right hand slots and which do not provoke. Make it a move/free action based on whether or not the feat is available, while the regular inventory action is standard/move.

From an interface perspective, though, I'm not sure this is a good solution.
Narsham
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:12 pm

I don't really like inventory draw as just a move action without a feat, since you could swap your armor which is supposed to take 10 rounds or more. Also imposing AOOs and at least a move action allows for a simple form of the disarm action, where a successful disarm would send the weapon back to the wielder's inventory (meaning in the next round the wielder would have to use the inventory action to get his weapon back).

Archangel wrote:You could also try to implement shield bashing
Not interested in that but I'll try to implement sunder (sunder shield and sunder weapon) as well as disarm and trip (assuming I can get all the "prone" pictures). Sunder won't destroy items but disable them until repair.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:27 am

I noticed another thing, teleport does not bring you to your location avoiding random encounters (I think it should). You might have coded it to just bring you to the world map screen from anywhere (but again in many places where you really need it, it does not work so the spell is not that useful), but you could change the code to check if getting to the world map screen was by casting teleport or not. Then for the first click the players do turn off all random encounters.

Also putting some quest where at a random time someone redirects your teleport somewhere else and you have to get out of a some dungeon by foot would be cool.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 am

One more bug I found is in the caves south west of the starting location. When you finish the quest for the bears and they let you rest there, sometimes after resting and then clicking on the bear the game locks up in a way that you lose control of the party. The sounds still work, and the animations, but you cannot quit in any way but clicking the X to close the screen.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Archangel wrote:One more bug I found is in the caves south west of the starting location. When you finish the quest for the bears and they let you rest there, sometimes after resting and then clicking on the bear the game locks up in a way that you lose control of the party. The sounds still work, and the animations, but you cannot quit in any way but clicking the X to close the screen.
Thanks, I will look into it.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG