Bug?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Bug?

Postby quasimodo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:12 pm

I had a character knocked unconscious while stuck in a web. When I revived him he was placed outside the web but was still "stuck" so he couldn't move and still had to try to break free.
quasimodo
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice

Bug?

Advert

Re: Bug?

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:41 pm

Yes, sounds like a minor bug. Will fix that next in the next version.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:20 pm

I just found a serious bug. One of my characters got controled (dominated probably) and I cannot help him. I cannot cast Mass Protection from Evil, Greater Protection from Evil or Mind Blank on him as he is now considered an enemy. Worse after killing all the monster the combat is still on just against my character. HELP?!
Please do something about this for the next version, I should be able to cast these spells on him to stop the effect.

Killing the one that controls him should stop the effect as he has nobody to control him anymore.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Sorry Archangel, these are design decisions, not bugs. To remove control you either use Dispel or a Control/Dominate of your own.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:13 pm

At least make the combat end once only your controlled character is all that is left. I noticed when I control enemies and kill all other noncontrolled ones combat ends immediately and controlled enemies disappear.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:15 pm

I noticed that Mass Cure spells as well as Mass Heal do not work on Undead. They should heal and damage Undead at the same time in their area. If this is not possible, please make another lvl 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 spell that only damages undead.
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Archangel wrote:At least make the combat end once only your controlled character is all that is left. I noticed when I control enemies and kill all other noncontrolled ones combat ends immediately and controlled enemies disappear.
I can't do that, since I prefer it this way, and others have said they like it too.
Archangel wrote:I noticed that Mass Cure spells as well as Mass Heal do not work on Undead. They should heal and damage Undead at the same time in their area. If this is not possible, please make another lvl 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 spell that only damages undead.
Yes I know, this is a design decision too.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Archangel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:51 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:
Archangel wrote:At least make the combat end once only your controlled character is all that is left. I noticed when I control enemies and kill all other noncontrolled ones combat ends immediately and controlled enemies disappear.
I can't do that, since I prefer it this way, and others have said they like it too.

How can anyone like needing to kill their member to finish the combat?
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Narsham » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 am

Archangel wrote:
BlueSalamander wrote:

How can anyone like needing to kill their member to finish the combat?

Who said you have to kill a party member?

One of my most enjoyable combats early on saw a knight get dominated by a vampire which the rest of the party then killed. The fighter was far more dangerous to us. So the party proceeded to grapple the knight and hold him down until the domination ended.

There's plenty of non-lethal spells you can use to slow or halt a dominated PC until the spell wears off
Narsham
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Archangel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 am

Narsham wrote:
Archangel wrote:How can anyone like needing to kill their member to finish the combat?

Who said you have to kill a party member?

One of my most enjoyable combats early on saw a knight get dominated by a vampire which the rest of the party then killed. The fighter was far more dangerous to us. So the party proceeded to grapple the knight and hold him down until the domination ended.

There's plenty of non-lethal spells you can use to slow or halt a dominated PC until the spell wears off

I should not need to. Spells Protection from Evil (and better versions) and Mind Blank were put into PnP just for this occasion. This is a bad design that only is here to punish players. Actually if prebuffing was allowed my party would have Mass Prot from Evil and some Mind Blank and there would be no problems to begin with.

Furthermore if YOU dominate enemies and kill other nondominated opponents combat stops there and then. At least make the combat stop once you kill all opponents.

Furthermore when the person that cast the spell dies the domination or charm ends as there is nobody to control the character anymore.

Please implement one of these options (and if people want this harder version it can be another option in the settings).

[Edited by BlueSalamander for language.]
Archangel
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG