Misc questions

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Misc questions

Postby Noumenon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:13 pm

I wouldn't have guessed there was any randomness in the treasure drops, it seemed like it was just what the NPCs were wearing.

Just today (and not before) I started to get tired of arranging my inventory all the time to carry treasure to sell, and wishing it could be like Final Fantasy where you can carry 99 of everything. Inventory management is not a terribly fun game for me. It is when you're like "how do I hold all my scrolls and weapons," but not when you're like "I found loot worth 18,000, let me sort through and throw out everything that costs 4,000 or less," and I did that a lot. Perhaps you could set a threshold based on expected wealth per level, and not drop treasure that was below that -- ensuring we'd only have to sort through interesting treasure.
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:21 pm

There won't be as much loot in the next game, as enemies will drop only their most interesting stuff. I don't much like sorting through all the items myself.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Pod » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:36 pm

drop as much loot as you want; just make everything worth 1gp.

Why does a shopkeeper want 1,000 +1 axes anyway? He can get them from anywhere ;)
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Previous

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG