Just one Dungeon...

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Just one Dungeon...

Postby Marinx » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 am

SkeleTony wrote:I play a lot of 'roguelike' CRPGs so I have no real aversion to big, single dungeon games but I still prefer the variety of having above ground locations, different dungeons, lots of villages/cities etc.

Yeah me too.
I would like to see in KotC2 more of dialog type quests not just combat. Combat is great in this game but for me it just get boring when all you do is fight. I would like to see game like BG2 with this kind of combat - turn based and strategic. Maybe even implement skills in the game
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby Tavis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:14 am

I'd like to see the focus of the game being descending further and further into a massive dungeon, but not restrict the game to that. Instead, events there might unlock side quests that take you to other places on the world map, trigger events that affect the town (like a zombie uprising that you have to fight in the streets), and require you to go to other locations to get the things you need to proceed deeper.
I play old-school D&D with the New York Red Box, blog about tabletop games at The Mule Abides, and write third-party and first-party stuff for D&D 4E.
Tavis
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Ikarius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:56 am

Humm. I'd like to see the character development improved a bit (see my other post on KotC 2 thoughts), and I'm definitely looking forward to some nicer graphics, then it would be glorious to see a full on dungeon delver, a baldur's gate epic, etc etc etc. Seriously, if he comes anywhere close to his goal of ToEE level graphics (I'd be ecstatic with Baldur's Gate level or even slightly below that) and delivers some more interesting character development options, I'll buy everything produced for years to come.
Ikarius
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Previous

Return to Ideas for KotC 2