Did you regret making this game? (READ before you post)

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby poetic chalice » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:16 pm

I've always wondered about this. Since the people who made this game, got this game spoiled for them, do they regret the fact that they made it?

Fans like us who get to play the game get to enjoy it to the fullest, but what about the people who made the game? Don't they have less fun since it was already spoiled for them?
poetic chalice
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Advert

Re: Did you regret making this game? (READ before you post)

Postby poetic chalice » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 pm

The reason I asked is that I am seriously considering going into game development myself. (Preferably an indie rpg). And then I started worrying about this.
poetic chalice
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Regret, no, never! It's great to make a game. If you mean spoiled in that as the developer you know every nook and cranny of the game, then yes. You know so much about the game that you don't really want to play it. But it won't spoil you to RPGs in general. I would enjoy playing user-made modules, so I really want the next game to allow creating new modules.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:51 am

poetic chalice wrote:The reason I asked is that I am seriously considering going into game development myself. (Preferably an indie rpg). And then I started worrying about this.

The other way you can approach this, as something troubling, would be to make an indie RPG in such a way that you often find yourself surprised by what happens and such---reacting from the gut as opposed to following along a script. This is a fairly common experience in Roguelikes for instance.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG