Suggestion

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Suggestion

Postby Marinx » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 am

One thing that bother me is casting spells if you have 2-H weapon in your hands. The game don't let you cast spell because your hands are in use but I think that you can hold weapon with one hand and cast a spell. I don't say fight with one hand but just hold the weapon while you cast the spell. In example: wizard with staff in his hands. He can just hold his staff in one hand and cast with another.
And with cleric you should enable his spellcasting while he have weapon and shield, because he is divine caster not arcane and divine casters don't have complex motion with hands to cast a spell.
And another thing that would be useful is weapon sets. So that you don't have to manage your inventory every time you want to change weapon.

If you don't plan to improve KotC 1, this could surely be nice things to implement in KotC2

EDIT

I forgot.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone :mrgreen:
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Suggestion

Advert

Re: Suggestion

Postby Dorateen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Quick Draw is a great feat, so at least the weapon swapping doesn't cost the caster a turn.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Marinx » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Dorateen wrote:Quick Draw is a great feat, so at least the weapon swapping doesn't cost the caster a turn.

Yes it is. But that's not what I meant. It's not about time cost for changing weapons but easy changing weapons. Without need to use inventory screen every time you want to change weapon.
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 pm

One thing that bother me is casting spells if you have 2-H weapon in your hands.
I agree. This will be possible as well as casting with a light shield (but not heavy shield or tower shield). Allowing weapon sets that you could switch with a click on a menu option sounds cool too.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG