ANYONE BEAT THE FINAL FINAL BATTLE?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby avaraxus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm

I have tried twice and failed both times. Seems like one of those battles where you get lucky, or you don't. I suppose if I read all their stats I could devise a plan to exploit weaknesses. I wonder, though, about being able to read everything about each enemy. It would be like running a (paper and pen) adventure and giving the players access to monster manuals whenever they run into a problem.
avaraxus
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: ANYONE BEAT THE FINAL FINAL BATTLE?

Postby dolio » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 am

Well, I did, but it took me a lot of retries. I think you're pretty much right about having to "get lucky" to a fair degree.

Although, part of my problem was that I was initially trying to win while keeping the two NPCs intact. But the commander guy just runs off where I can't help him, so I eventually gave up on that (I kept the wizard alive, though). Has anyone beat the final fight with both of them alive?
dolio
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Fezzik » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:59 am

I've seen at least a few people say they managed to do it. Here's the first person I remember doing it. He explains how he did it.
Fezzik
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby MonkeyLancer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:41 am

I've managed to finish with that battle with both the Commander and the wizard surviving. It took SEVERAL attempts for me to manage.
MonkeyLancer
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby DonaldDuck » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:21 am

I beat it with the typical 2 fighters/wizard/cleric team, couldn't keep any of the allies alive though. Took a lot of reloads, but basically, the key to victory is to dominate spam until you get lucky. The Balor and/or Vrock, are the best to bring on your side (at least they were in my case). What also worked for me, was pulling back to the bottom right side of castle (in the corridor) after a while, to heal and buff up.
DonaldDuck
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG