Character stuck after using Web spell

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby wesleyshaver » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 am

In the demo my mage cast web and I tried to have my other character charge through it to attack. My character got stuck but then automatically attempted to move out of the web (successfully). The character is now stuck in a walking animation with -10 movement points and the turn won't progress. I've attached a screenshot.

This is version 1.24

Wes
Attachments
KOTC bug.jpg
KOTC bug.jpg (202.01 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
wesleyshaver
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: BUG REPORT: character stuck after using Web spell

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Hello wesleyshaver, thanks, I'll have a look.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 am

I couldn't reproduce it yet. So if I understand correctly Stenna moved towards the web, entered the web, succeeded on a reflex save, then straight away walked out of the web instead of continuing towards the enemy? Sounds like the AI taking over at some point. Did any AOO or Ready versus Approach occur before that? Did you use a wand to heal your characters? Are you (or anyone else) able to reproduce the bug from one of your saves?
[edit]- or did Stenna fail the reflex save, and then walk out regardless?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby wesleyshaver » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Unfortunately I closed the game because I wanted to play some more (I just bought the full version) so I can't be sure of the dice rolls and I can't be 100% sure of some of the questions except:

I did not use any wand during that battle.

I believe the sequence went like this during Stenna's turn:

I initiated a charge attack at the lizardman through the web. Stenna moved forward and immediately became "stuck". Stenna must have succeeded a save to become unstuck using her next movement point. The AI then tried to "pathfind" around the web (I have that option turned on) and she moved out of the web but it left her with negative movement points.

So yes she failed the reflex save then walked out afterward during a charge attack.

I hope this helps. I don't want to derail the thread but I noticed you can't have web and silence active in the same area which would be useful, but you probably already know that.

Wes
wesleyshaver
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Right, okay. Normally she should have stopped moving once stuck. I tried lots of time but couldn't get it to happen. I did find a few problems in the code, I think they were unrelated, but you never know. I've uploaded a new version 1.25 which fixes them.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG