An excellent game, however...

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Yosharian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 pm

I just started playing the game and it is very enjoyable, a refreshing break from all these modern games that are all style and no substance (even if it is quite expensive!). However, there are a few things that are bothering me:

1) I can't tell what the races actually give beyond the stat bonuses/penalties - do they give any proficiencies, special feats, etc?

2) I can't tell what classes can wield what weapons. For example, it seems that wizards have the wizard weapon proficiency feat (e.g. daggers, crossbows) but nowhere is this stated in-game. At least, I couldn't find anything.

3) Treasure doesn't persist when you reload, that's a major bummer, I had to learn the hard way about this one. A warning about this would be nice.

4) Are gems used for anything? It always annoys me immensely when I don't know this at the start of game. Like I'm somehow expected to know which gems I can sell.

5) Are ALL unsellable items useful? I have picked up this Light Hammer which I can't sell so I can only assume its a quest item.. would this be a correct assumption? If not, please inform me so I can free up the inventory space.

6) A chest to store items at the KOTC base would be really neat.

Thats all I can think of for now. Gj on the game, anyway. Looking forward to KOTC2.

Edit: Additionally, the loot system is really frustrating because you can't click on successive loot boxes without having to dance the cursor around to remove the previous ones, its a bit annoying.
Yosharian
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: An excellent game, however...

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 pm

1) I can't tell what the races actually give beyond the stat bonuses/penalties - do they give any proficiencies, special feats, etc?

Go to the character sheet and click on Feats. All feats are listed there. You can to that with enemies, examine an enemy, to see his equipment, stats, feats etc.

2) I can't tell what classes can wield what weapons. For example, it seems that wizards have the wizard weapon proficiency feat (e.g. daggers, crossbows) but nowhere is this stated in-game. At least, I couldn't find anything.

It is stated, see above.

3) Treasure doesn't persist when you reload, that's a major bummer, I had to learn the hard way about this one. A warning about this would be nice.

No significant loot, quest items etc disappear.

4) Are gems used for anything? It always annoys me immensely when I don't know this at the start of game. Like I'm somehow expected to know which gems I can sell.

Gems are only for selling, and most are not even worth the inventory slot (not expensive enough).

5) Are ALL unsellable items useful? I have picked up this Light Hammer which I can't sell so I can only assume its a quest item.. would this be a correct assumption? If not, please inform me so I can free up the inventory space.

The only quest items I remember are scrolls, eg slave trader pass, encrypted message, and even those are useless once you used/decrypted them. So get rid of this hammer, it's probably unsellable because it's not even worth 1 gold.

6) A chest to store items at the KOTC base would be really neat.

Agree.

Edit: Additionally, the loot system is really frustrating because you can't click on successive loot boxes without having to dance the cursor around to remove the previous ones, its a bit annoying.

to loot stuff, move the cursor over a loot-chest and then press space.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Yosharian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Go to the character sheet and click on Feats. All feats are listed there. You can to that with enemies, examine an enemy, to see his equipment, stats, feats etc.

Already done, and the wizard weapon proficiency information is not there. There are no proficiency feats listed for a wizard, yet they seem to be able to use crossbows and daggers without penalty. See the attached picture for proof of this (Merath is the wizard in my group).

Granted the info for race feats seems to be present but this could be useful on the character building screen, or as a 'Racial feats' page within the game's help system.

No significant loot, quest items etc disappear.

Well, I consider masterwork items significant at early levels! But, fair enough.

Gems are only for selling, and most are not even worth the inventory slot (not expensive enough).

Thanks for this information!

The only quest items I remember are scrolls, eg slave trader pass, encrypted message, and even those are useless once you used/decrypted them. So get rid of this hammer, it's probably unsellable because it's not even worth 1 gold.

Again thanks for this info.

to loot stuff, move the cursor over a loot-chest and then press space.

The problem here is that I don't want to loot everything, I only want specific items (i.e. the non-crappy items). So I'm reduced to cursor dancing because the loot screens are very 'sticky'. But its a minor thing, just an irritation.
Attachments
wizardfeats.jpg
wizardfeats.jpg (156.13 KiB) Viewed 13101 times
Yosharian
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Hello Yosharian, thank you for your comments,
Yosharian wrote:Already done, and the wizard weapon proficiency information is not there. There are no proficiency feats listed for a wizard, yet they seem to be able to use crossbows and daggers without penalty. See the attached picture for proof of this (Merath is the wizard in my group).
It's not mentioned in the feats screen because it's the minimum proficiency available to all. However, you get the information in the help entry for Wizards.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Yosharian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 am

Ahh ok I didn't think to look there... Thanks!
Yosharian
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG