Is there a way to adjust HP retroactively?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Grunker » Wed May 12, 2010 10:39 pm

EDIT: Nevermind. Ever since I picked some craft-feats the game has been pretty easy :)

I didn't know about the 50% setting of the HP, and I didn't want to use the obvious "cheat" of maximizing my HP. However, after 5 levels I have rolled almost only 1's and 2's.

My Knight has rolled 1+1+2+1

My Cleric has rolled 4+2+1+1

My first Wizard has rolled 1+2+1+2

And my last wizard has rolled 1+4+2+1

So now a handful of the "hard" fights end with me losing just before mowing down the opposition due to HP loss, causing me to reload a little more than I'd care for. Obviously, the 50% setting is just what I want, but enabling that doesn't adjust the HP already rolled.

Is there a way to do this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Ever since I picked some craft-feats the game has been pretty easy :)
Grunker
Fire Giant (CR 10)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Is there a way to adjust HP retroactively?

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri May 14, 2010 2:47 pm

enabling [1/2 HP] doesn't adjust the HP already rolled. Is there a way to do this?
No you can't do that in 1.27. Your wizard HP rolls look pretty standard, but the Knight and Cleric rolled very poorly. However in the next levels it may be that they would have high rolls. Computer-generated rolls are not genuinely random so a series of low values is often followed by a series of high values. Purely random HP can be frustrating at times. Perhaps a rule of 'roll two times and keep the highest result' would be more fun.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Grunker » Fri May 14, 2010 3:08 pm

That's the house-rule I use for my own campaign, so I'd endorse it! It's better than 50%+, since it still allows for those low rolls once in a while :)
Grunker
Fire Giant (CR 10)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Marinx » Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 am

My house rule is:
if you roll more than 50% or exactly 50% for HP than you keep the roll. If you roll less than 50%, you can roll once more and keep the second role or you can choose instead to get 50%.
This way I avoid player frustration for low HP rolls :mrgreen:
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG