Mass Heal doesn't damage Undead

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby valore » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:48 am

Hey, just thought I'd mention, the Mass Heal spell does not damage undead the same way heal does. Hope it can be fixed for the next version, I want to have an AOE undead killer!

Cheers
valore
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Advert

Re: Mass Heal doesn't damage Undead

Postby valore » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:17 am

Oh, and incidentally, the 'pinned' status stops me from casting stilled spells as well, I'm not sure if that's a bug or intentional.

Great game btw=)
valore
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Re: Mass Heal doesn't damage Undead

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Hello valore, and welcome to the forum. Regarding the effects you mentioned:

1- Mass Heal is not intended to have an effect on enemy undead in KotC. Why did I do it like this? Because I wanted Mass Heal as a circle spell (you target a circle) rather than a multi-selection spell (you target a number of characters one by one). As a circle spell, if I allow the spell to affect enemies, then it's going to be a pain to target it, because it's going to heal non-undead enemies in range. Surely, you don't want it to heal enemies, only your characters. So I set it to only affect your own characters (and allies).

2- 'Pinned' is intended to stop you from casting any spell. Even if it's a still spell it usually has a verbal component which you won't be able to utter. For simplicity even spells without any component are disallowed.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG